NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 2 patch available for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject:

M-Rick wrote:
In fact, I don't have NeoOffice on the volume Sans titre ... But each time I laucnh it, it creates me on it /Application/NeoOffice.app but off course i can't run since there's nothing on this volume !

I don't have time to look at this right now so can you please file a bug in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/? Be sure to include a listing of the directories on your /Volumes directory and the full path that your Neo/J installation is in.

Patrick
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: App moved

M-Rick wrote:
In fact, I don't have NeoOffice on the volume Sans titre ... But each time I laucnh it, it creates me on it /Application/NeoOffice.app but off course i can't run since there's nothing on this volume !

This is probably due to the fact you moved the application after installation.
Deleting and reinstalling does NOT solve the problem since the faulty paths are sored in Neo/J preferences files.
I solved such an issue by editing these by hand, as I didn't want to whipe them out and loose my settings.
If you don't care delete (or move) the NeoOfficeJ-1.1 from you Library.
M-Rick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Yes I moved NeoOffice. I have deleted (removed) the pref folder and now it's all ok.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: App moved

Max_Barel wrote:
This is probably due to the fact you moved the application after installation.

To split hairs Smile (in case this ever goes into a FAQ, for instance), I think the situation should more completely be described thusly:

"This is probably due to the fact you moved or renamed the application after its first launch."

No offense intended, Max Smile

Smokey

(Hmm, I wonder if the relevant paths can be "manually" edited within the paths section of the NeoJ preferences window?)
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: App moved

sardisson wrote:
(Hmm, I wonder if the relevant paths can be "manually" edited within the paths section of the NeoJ preferences window?)

...if you ever get there without crash/modal hang.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject:

The problem is more that there are actually hardcoded paths in the settings files and in some of the main files of OOo itself (I think the registry cache file for one). Getting OOo to move correctly is a tricky proposition as it really doesn't expect to be moved.

If you want, you can take a look at some of the shell scripts in the OOo X11 installer or the ones sitting in the NeoOffice CVS. Be warned, though: they only fix the OOo installation itself so it can run. It doesn't fix the user profiles, so you'd still need to look through the user directory with a text editor and grep to replace any old paths that are there.

Another sidenote is that the patches to be applied generally expect things to live in /Applications on one drive or another Smile

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2