Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Find and Replace not very smart, End/Home counterintuitive
Find and Replace not very smart, End/Home counterintuitive

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErekTinker
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Find and Replace not very smart, End/Home counterintuitive

Hi,

I'm new here, and this seemed the appropriate place to discuss some features that I'm not terribly happy with on the software.

First is Find and Replace. I had two fields in a template I am working from "Name:" and "Codename:" I went to replace name with "Alias:" and it replaced both as "Alias" and "CodeAlias" respectively.

Then, Home and End. In most programs it is CTRL-Home and CTRL-End but in NeoOffice it's Fn-Home and Fn-End.

Don't get me wrong, I love Neo-Office, and I drop a couple bucks every time I upgrade and am happy too, I don't even miss the M$ version. These are just a couple pieces of functionality that I noticed. The Home/End thing I have adapted to by this point, but the Find/Replace thing almost negates the benefit of 'Find/Replace'.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm puzzled about the first point (I don't have a doc with field names in so I can't test this) - isn't there a 'Whole Words Only' option in the Find dialogue? If so, then entering Name: as the Find item and selecting that option should change only that item (you'd need to include the colon). If not, just running a second find/replace with CodeAlias as the Find item and Codename as the replace would do it.

- padmavyuha
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject:

As for the second point, what are you wanting the Home and End keys to do?

If you are needing to use Fn-Home, it's because you are working on a laptop, and the home and end keys (along with most of the F# keys) serve double duty due to the smaller keyboard. (e.g. home is also the left arrow key). How the Fn key is used can be changed in System Preferences.

You can adjust keyboard shortcuts in NeoOffice in the Tools>Customize menu. This wiki article discusses the procedure in depth. Note that the control key is not a possible modifier within Neo, although the Command key is.

Lorinda
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
As for the second point, what are you wanting the Home and End keys to do?

Well, in NeoOffice the Home and End keys behave like in a Windows-based application. Not sure about what he means by "Ctrl-Home/End" vs. "Fn-Home/End" though…
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1