Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - printing from NeoOfficeJ alpha 2 with Aqua patch
printing from NeoOfficeJ alpha 2 with Aqua patch

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: printing from NeoOfficeJ alpha 2 with Aqua patch

Hi,

I can't write here too much, but I follow this site and NeoOffice all the time I am able to. It's a great work what you're doing!!!

I use NeoOffce all the time, it's very useful for me, I write with it everyday, and it's very stable, though i can't do a couple of things as change its language theme to another one, or it's help system to my language: I did it before, but I don't know why it cannot work today.

Anyway, my message is for another issue. Today I wanted to print a file and I couldn't, when the printing dialog appeared, the beach ball did too, so the app hanged up finally.

I don't know why, I tried to look for its preference file to throw it to trash, but I coudn't find it, is it inside NeoOficeJ 1.1/user folder inside my Lybrary?

I tried it three times, and every time it frezzed.

thanks in advance
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject:

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=178

If you're using the Aqua menus version of Patch 3, you might try using the "regular" version of Patch-3 located at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/download.php; it might not have this bug.

Otherwise, the bug has been fixed, but I guess we are waiting on a couple more big bugs to get fixed before a new patch is released. Sad

Smokey
Dante
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject:

sorry for posting so late here.

thanks for the info. I'll check the updates.

Anyway, I must admit the problem was not only for NeoOffice. I've discovered I suffer this issue with every app in a windows environment local net.

thanks again
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject:

If you're looking to really use the most stable thing you should definitely use the non-Aqua menu patch for 1.1 Alpha 2. The aqua menu patch that is available is the first time the stuff was public and is probably more accurately described as a "pre-alpha" or a "developer preview".

It'll probably take at least one or two more tries before all the issues are ironed out with the Aqua menus.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1