Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - browsing the code...?
browsing the code...?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thorby
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: browsing the code...?

I'd like to browse around in the OOo source code, partly from curiosity but mainly to answer some questions on the behavior of spadmin. I'm used to reading code -- but I'd prefer not to download a 200mb source tree if I could help it.

Is there any way to access the code, module by module, online? Or to FTP smaller chunks?
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: browsing the code...?

thorby wrote:
I'd like to browse around in the OOo source code, partly from curiosity but mainly to answer some questions on the behavior of spadmin. I'm used to reading code -- but I'd prefer not to download a 200mb source tree if I could help it.

Is there any way to access the code, module by module, online? Or to FTP smaller chunks?

Well I was going to suggest :

http://ooo.ximian.com/lxr/

but appears all the LXR links are broken (I don't know when that happened - perhaps since Novell bought out ximian - upon further reading, it seems this might be moving to the official OOo site).

But there is always ViewCVS :

http://ooo.ximian.com/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/

But unless you have a broadband connection to the Internet, I wouldn't recommend it for anything than casual viewing.

You will be much happier if you download the source (perhaps using CVS), and use local tools (I personally use CodeWarrior to do searches, but "grep" and friends will also work).

Good luck.

Regards, Terry
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: browsing the code...?

thorby wrote:

What country are you in? I could download the lot for you (if you don't have broadband) and stick it on a CD - but if you're outside Europe it'll take a little while to get to you...

- yoxi
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1