jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject:

The French page is updated Smile

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to a question by a user at one of the OOo forums, I realized that I didn't have enough test data for some purposes. This means I made some changes on a couple of pages.

Given the nature of the changes, I decided to try making the changes on the parallel French pages as well. So, the following pages probably need a little polish:

Ajouter un Sous-formulaire à un Formulaire en Mode Conception

Créer un Formulaire avec un Sous-formulaire

Thanks!

Lorinda
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject:

Thanks a lot Lorinda.

I did just a little polish. It's easier for me to polish than to write Smile

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject:

Thanks, Jacqueline. It took more polish than your English usually needs. Very Happy But it was fun to write it myself.

Lorinda
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Thanks, Jacqueline. It took more polish than your English usually needs. Very Happy But it was fun to write it myself.

Lorinda

It's probably because I'm a bit "fussy" as yoxi said about himself in another thread Wink.

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject:

I started a new page, this time on Using a Union Statement in a View.

The second section will use Union to combine results from the current tables with those from a set of tables based on the paleartic birdlist that Jacquelne found. Once I've got it together, I'll make my copy of the database available to translators so you can copy and paste the tables into your existing odb files. Hopefully that will save you some work.

Lorinda

Last edited by Lorinda on Fri May 09, 2008 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Once I've got it together, I'll make my copy of the database available to translators so you can copy and paste the tables into your existing odb files. Hopefully that will save you some work.

Lorinda

Thanks Lorinda. I appreciate this idea, because I'm a bit out of touch with the database stuff for the moment Sad (working on the NUG2…).

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I got the page finished, except for proofreading. I can send a copy of the database to any translators who want it, when they're ready for it, or I can make it available for download and send you the url by pm.

You will need to copy over all the tables and queries whose names start with z. I did that so they'd all group at the bottom of the list. You may need to rebuld relationships, I'm not sure.

You can copy the SQL for the "second" SELECT statement mentioned in the unrelated tables section from the zAll_Paleartic_Sightings query.

You will need to build the first SELECT statement based on your versions of the original tables.

Let me know if you need help. Jacueline, if you sent me a copy of your current French version of the database, I could probably copy the tables and queries over and create the "first" Query for you. I did leave the French names in the palearctic list.

I might be able to do the same for Valter, but I might not given that I don't know Italian.

As always, this is an "as you have time" and "as you have interest" project. Don't worry if you don't get to it.

Lorinda

Last edited by Lorinda on Sun May 11, 2008 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all, Lorinda.

I saw on the Recent changes page that I've several updates to do in the tutorial.

Of course I'll try to do them as soon as I'll be able.

Thanks for sending me your database, it will be helpful. I suspect I'll need help Wink, so I'm going to test my database again and if it's OK I'll send it to you.

You definitely did and do a great work Smile

Jacqueline
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4