· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - launching problem
launching problem

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popolani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: launching problem

Hi,
I currently use OpenOffice.org 1.1.2 with X11 and Panther 10.3.5 without any pb. I have downloaded the last version which is 1.1.3 and I can't have it working. The installation is ok. Then I launch the program with launch the X11 application. Then the OpenOffice icon disappears and is replaced by a question mark icon. Then I have this prompt "First launching of OpenOffice, initializing, please wait" and then the icon disappears definitely. What do I miss please ?
Thanks.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject:

I'm curious: where did you find a version 1.1.3 for X11? As far as I was aware, the X11 port had only got up to 1.1.2 (unlike on some other platforms). I haven't been able to find any reference on the net to an existing stable 1.1.3 for mac X11.

- yoxi
popolani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Link

http://fr.openoffice.org/about-downloads.html#Mac
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject:

...and of course, I was only looking in the English-speaking part of the Ooo site Wink - but I guess the French 1.1.3 isn't that stable yet if your installation isn't running properly...?

Bonne chance avec ce gratuiciel ! Est-ce qu'il y a un forum français pour fr.openoffice.org? Que je puisse apprendre du vocabulaire informaticien...

- yoxi
Popolani

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Forum

No french forum I'm afraid...
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject:

As I mentioned in the other thread about 1.1.3, OOo versions other than 1.1.2 Final/GM (English, with support for 10.2.x and 10.3.x) aren't "officially supported" here on Trinity because we haven't tested them and in general aren't familiar with them. The 10.3-only localized OOo versions use a different installer, a different "launch" script (not Terry Teague's familiar, well-tested, and well-documented "Start OpenOffice.org") and store some of their user/preference files in different locations.

It's unfortunate that there's not an applicable forum for these builds and that the builders (Eric Bachard for FR and Eric Hoch for DE are the two I'm aware of) are busy building new versions Smile and don't get the chance to stop by Trinity so that this could be a one-stop place for OOo/Mac support Sad

That said, the first course of action is probably to delete your ~/.sversionrc file. Unless you deleted it before installing 1.1.3, it's still pointing at your old 1.1.2 installation (which you may have deleted). Relaunching OOo should recreate the file and point it at the right place (or ask you to select it; I don't know how the "launcher" in those builds works exactly).

Hope this helps,
Smokey
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1