Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Cannot login from registration confirmation page
Cannot login from registration confirmation page

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiddleaway
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Cannot login from registration confirmation page

My recent attempt to register failed the first time. Everything was going fine ... got the confirmation email ... clicked the link ... entered the code .... it all worked ...

but upon entering the correct confirmation code, I get the "confirmation successful, login from this page" message ....

but no obvious button or other login icon appeared on the page ... it was blank. I used my browser back button thinking this would reveal a login button ... but no .... and subsequent attempts to login gave me a "bad id or password" rejection.

So I tried to start over with the same UID. Got the response that it already existed ... so I went through a password reset procedure (including email confirmation) and that got me going.

So ... (as you can see) ... I'm registered. This is just an FYI that your registration confirmation success page may have a problem. Of course, it could be my browser (Firefox 2.0.0.14) or machine (macbookpro/leopard 10.5.3)
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject:

OK thanks for the heads up. We've seen that some e-mail clients mangle URLs, but enclosing them in angle brackets may help. To be honest, I haven't tried to register a new account in some time so I'll take a look at it this weekend.

ed
fiddleaway
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Additional info:

Client is Mac Eudora 6.2

Just to be clear: the URL provided by the confirmation email got me to the right page and the confirmation service claimed success ... but it did say I needed to login immediately from the page I was looking at .... but there was no obvious way to do that.

David
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject:

I wonder if this is also due to the https redirecting (like the problem Lorinda mentions here)?

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I wonder if this is also due to the https redirecting (like the problem Lorinda mentions here)?

Smokey

It appears so. I just fixed that other issue and after I made the fix, I created a new user in our test server. When I clicked on the link in the confirmation e-mail, I got the "you are now registered, click this link to login" and the link properly links to the login page.

Patrick
fiddleaway
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject:

I'm willing to retest from my end ... just to see if something at my end is causing a problem ... but I don't know how to remove a test dummy user after I'm done.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject:

fiddleaway wrote:
I'm willing to retest from my end ... just to see if something at my end is causing a problem ... but I don't know how to remove a test dummy user after I'm done.

There was an issue with the http -> https redirect on Trinity's end that was causing the problem; it should be fixed now.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject:

fiddleaway wrote:

Try using our test server at the following URL:

http://trinity-test.neooffice.org/

Edit: username and password deleted so it won't be picked up by search engines.

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiddleaway
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject:

Can login to test server OK ... but test requires me to create a dummy user.

Assume you'd like me to clean up after testing, which means removing the dummy user. Don't know how to do this.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject:

fiddleaway wrote:
Can login to test server OK ... but test requires me to create a dummy user.

Assume you'd like me to clean up after testing, which means removing the dummy user. Don't know how to do this.

No need to clean up. Every few months we dump the data in the test server and create a new copy from our production server. The test server is only there for us to debug and fix the Trinity code.

Patrick
fiddleaway
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Please excuse me while I wipe this egg off my face.

I see now that the confirmation page for new users says login using this link ....

When I originally set up my account, I failed to see that "this link" was underlined, implying that's where I should click. I'm far too experienced not to have recognized the underlined link for what it was.

Sorry for the false alarm .... my bad.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject:

fiddleaway wrote:
Please excuse me while I wipe this egg off my face.

No worries. There was a real issue with the software caused by our switch to using secure HTTPS connections so it was easy to double check this at the same time.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1