· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - oOO 1.0.3 Brand X
oOO 1.0.3 Brand X

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wadel1
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: oOO 1.0.3 Brand X

Brand X rocks and gives a very unique feel. Has there been a Start OpenOffice.org for Brand X been created? I can run the application from the command line but would like to be able to fully integrate this version also.
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: oOO 1.0.3 Brand X

wadel1 wrote:
Brand X rocks and gives a very unique feel. Has there been a Start OpenOffice.org for Brand X been created? I can run the application from the command line but would like to be able to fully integrate this version also.

I haven't bothered to download BrandX, but you have piqued my curiosity - does "Start OpenOffice.org" not actually work with Brand X, or is a matter of look and feel to match Brand X?

I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

Regards, Terry
[author of "Start OpenOffice.org"]
wadel1
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Start OpenOffice.org works great.....

I just redownloaded the Start OpenOffice.org and it now works great...I am not reallly sure what caused my original problem. I have now been using Brand X and it works great! No problems and looks so much better than the winblows look. Verified putting new fonts, printing and openning and editting docs with no problems. I would say try it out!!!
wadel1
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: A4 paper size is the default

Upon printing I noticed that Brand X has the paper size set to A4 as the default. Just an FYI...kind of a pain...I assume that if I run spadmin and change the paper size for Generic Printer to US Letter this will change it for all documents? Anybody have any comments?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject:

The Brand X installer is missing some key parts of the stock OpenOffice.org X11 graphical installer. Mostly:

1) Multi-user support.
    2) Auto-"fonduing" (conversion) of all OS X fonts
    3) Default paper size selection. It defaults to A4 since OOo was programmed by Germans who don't realize that the United States is the only country that matters (that's a joke for all you foreigners! Smile )

To address issue 3 is somewhat easy...

1) Open the file "./share/psprint/psprint.conf" in your favorite text editor (if it's "vi" please, shoot me now!...je suis un rabid emacs fanatic)
    2) Do a search for "PPD_PageSize". You'll see it's set to A4. Set it to "Letter" without the quotes.

Alternatively, you can copy in the psprint.conf file from a default OOo US Letter install.

Brand X definitely has a different feel, and some further work is being done to clean it up. I think the Ximian changes really do a lot to make the product feel better and think it's a shame that their work (well, Novell's work now...) hasn't been accepted into the mainline product.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1