NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
pluby wrote:
One question: now that we have 512 pixel Finder icons, is there any plans for a 512 pixel ship icon or should I just use our existing 256 pixel ship icon?

That's a question for foxcorner.

IIRC the ship is vector graphics and so can be generated at 512px without trouble, but the globe is a 256px bitmap that would have to be re-mastered at 512px. If foxcorner (Dan) provides the 512px ship I could do the work on the globe bitmap. However due to time restrictions I think this is a job for 3.0, not now.

I'll ping him again about this, though I agree it's probably a 3.0 issue now.

I'd really like to see the globe become a vector or mostly-vector piece, but I'm not sure if that's possible....

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject:

Daniel,

I am not picky about what size the toolbar icon is. However, I really think the popup menu icons need to be 16x16 as the popup has very bizarre sizing especially when you have Microsoft Office fonts installed on your system. Can we revert to 16x16 for the popup menu?

FWIW, I believe that OpenOffice.org has fixed this issue as of OOo 3.0 Beta 2 as I noticed that there are no icons in the popup anymore.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I really think the popup menu icons need to be 16x16 as the popup has very bizarre sizing especially when you have Microsoft Office fonts installed on your system. Can we revert to 16x16 for the popup menu?

Will do. Give me a few hours to remake the archive.

Armando: if you are reading, please don't post a new archive until I make this change - you will have to replace my file sx03242.png in your package.

Smokey: a vector globe is preferable - it would future-proof the icon. Unfortunately I'm a bitmap boy. Wink
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject:

Hello, Sorry for the delay. Embarassed

My AOL dial-up connection is not the fastest. I've replaced my package with my first iteration, but i'll wait for Daniel's updates.

Quote:
when I run the installation, the New toolbar icon (the one where you can open a new document in the upper right-hand corner) is smaller than before

That's right. Those icons were 26x26px, but Large Akua set is really 24x24px sized icons in a 26x26 canvas. Apple Pro Applications toolbar icons are 24x24 and 16x16 pixels sized. Daniel updated them to match the rest of the set.

Quote:
please don't post a new archive until I make this change - you will have to replace my file sx03242.png in your package.

Daniel, could you post for me only the changed files? In this moment I have only dial-up access. Sad

Armando
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Punto_Mac wrote:
Daniel, could you post for me only the changed files? In this moment I have only dial-up access.

Dial-up... ouch.

Here is a zip archive with just the two files that changed: sx03242.png and it's high-contrast counterpart, sxh03242.png. 15 KB Wink

http://www.pimley.net/projects/downloads/sx03242.zip

Patrick, I've also updated my main package accordingly.

http://www.pimley.net/projects/downloads/NeoOfficeAquaElements.zip
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Daniel,

I have built and installed a test build with your latest NeoOfficeAquaElements.zip file and all looks good.

Thanks,

Patrick
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Patrick,

Here's the last iteration of my package:

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_2008Q3_Release.dmg

Daniel's popup menu icons included.

Greetings,

Armando
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Well, it's gone quiet so I assume all is well... no news is good news. Wink

Patrick, Ed: I'd really like to get this icon integration sorted next time, it's a mess.

As I alluded to before, I'd like to move towards:
1) Armando gives you a definitive images.zip containing all my and his icons.
2) I give you a list of file paths for Neo-branded icons to inject into other icon sets.

This would mean that all you require in terms of assets to implement the Akua icon set is Armando's package. Give us lots of warning when 3.0 is on the horizon and I'm sure we can do this, and replace those pesky navigator icons. A good plan?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Well, it's gone quiet so I assume all is well... no news is good news. Wink

Yes, all is well. Armando's latest .dmg file worked perfectly.

djpimley wrote:
Patrick, Ed: I'd really like to get this icon integration sorted next time, it's a mess.

As I alluded to before, I'd like to move towards:
1) Armando gives you a definitive images.zip containing all my and his icons.
2) I give you a list of file paths for Neo-branded icons to inject into other icon sets.

This would mean that all you require in terms of assets to implement the Akua icon set is Armando's package. Give us lots of warning when 3.0 is on the horizon and I'm sure we can do this, and replace those pesky navigator icons. A good plan?

That sounds good. I suspect that it will take some effort to map the existing set of icons to those in OpenOffice.org 3.0 so I would recommend starting that work sooner rather than later as we will likely put out NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access within the next 60 to 90 days.

Patrick
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
[...]latest .dmg file worked perfectly.

Nice to hear (read?) that. Very Happy

Quote:
[...] I would recommend starting that work sooner rather than later as we will likely put out NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access within the next 60 to 90 days.

Shocked Wink

I'll check it out.

Armando
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Punto_Mac wrote:
I'll check it out.

Let us know if you discover anything. If file paths and names have changed a lot, it could take a heap of work to sort out. Sad
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject:

BTW, I realized I hadn't yet mentioned how much I like the improvements in the latest round of the Finder icons; they seem much sharper/crisper at normal and small sizes Smile

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
BTW, I realized I hadn't yet mentioned how much I like the improvements in the latest round of the Finder icons

I never mentioned it but I re-mastered the 32px icons and tidied up the 16px icons a bit. I'm glad you noticed the difference, thanks for mentioning it. Very Happy
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I just totally need to chime in again and say how much I appreciate all of this really difficult and very talented work! Getting icons right is a very unique talent, and thanks so much to everyone for helping us out with this.

ed
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject:

Perhaps its time to start a new icons thread for NeoOffice 3.0 EA. This thread's name is now a bit out of date!

Andy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9