· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta release is very close
NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta release is very close

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta release is very close

I just wanted to let everyone know that the since there are very few open bugs in Bugzilla and I have finished optimizing the "save as PDF" feature, I only need to implement drag-n-drop support before I release NeoOffice/J Beta.

If no new critical bugs are found, I estimate that I in a week or so I will release a new patch with drag-n-drop and all of the other fixes and optimizations that I have made.

Since this next patch will have a new feature, I will give everyone time to test it so that we find (and I can fix) any bugs before I build the Neo/J 1.1 Beta binary.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta release is very close

pluby wrote:
Since this next patch will have a new feature, I will give everyone time to test it so that we find (and I can fix) any bugs before I build the Neo/J 1.1 Beta binary.

Well, then we can have Beta for Xmas.
Except for those who get to test it, we get Xmas early Smile.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject:

Cool! Hopefully Fridrich will finish troubleshooting the type recognition problem for the WP files by then and I can be back to keeping just one version of Neo/J around!

Smokey
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Cool! Hopefully Fridrich will finish troubleshooting the type recognition problem for the WP files by then and I can be back to keeping just one version of Neo/J around!

I found the source of this problem yesterday and Fridrich tells me that he will implement the necessary code in the next week.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Also, patrick, since the new synchronization was added, i haven't seen a repeat of my two disappearing menu instances. That issue should be closed, but it seems that did the trick for me. Aside from the full-screen mode, I don't think there are any outstanding menu bugs (just got back from turkey day so haven't checked neozilla yet).

ed
Fredrik Stendahl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: ctrl F2 to drop menus down

Hi

I know I should post this as a proper bug report, but sitting somewhat tight at the moment this will have to do.

There i an OS X system wide keyboard shortcut to pull down menus: ctrl F2. This works with the Finder and with other programs I have tested. It does not work in current patch 5 Neo/J. Is this a limitation of the java implimentation or is it a bug?

Using this it is possible to walk around in the menus using nothing but keyboard. Non mac like to not use the mouse, but could be good for the carpel-syndrome.

Thanks for all the good work. Using Neo/J daily and it is a work horse.

Cheers

Fredrik
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta release is very close

pluby wrote:
If no new critical bugs are found, I estimate that I in a week or so I will release a new patch with drag-n-drop and all of the other fixes and optimizations that I have made.

OK. On second thought I am slightly confused here.

This week you post a patch 6 and then we test and then Beta is released some time later? Or some people and you are now testing and then Beta is released at the end of the week if all is well?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta release is very close

ovvldc wrote:
This week you post a patch 6 and then we test and then Beta is released some time later? Or some people and you are now testing and then Beta is released at the end of the week if all is well?

When I have drag-n-drop working, I will release "Patch-6" for everyone to test. If no big bugs are found in that patch, I will spin a Neo/J 1.1 Beta release.

FYI. There is no private testing. The only time I send private code is when someone has a bug that I cannot easily reproduce.

Patrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject:

So with talks of a Beta, does this mean that eventually we'll see a 1.0 (or 1.1 however you look at it) version of NeoOffice/J?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
So with talks of a Beta, does this mean that eventually we'll see a 1.0 (or 1.1 however you look at it) version of NeoOffice/J?

If we don't find very many bugs in the Beta release, I'll probably release a 1.1 final release in early 2005.

Patrick
jimlaurent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I can't reproduce reliably but I've gotten into a state in the drawing tool where the "undo" feature doesn't undo the right thing. I might move an object and the Edit menu say "Undo move object" but when I do control Z it undoes something different such as a resize of an object. Very strange.

This does NOT appear to be related to the number of undo steps in the options "Memory" panel as we had in 0.8.4

I'm not sure exactly what causes the problem.

Just something that you might look out for.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject:

jimlaurent wrote:
I can't reproduce reliably but I've gotten into a state in the drawing tool where the "undo" feature doesn't undo the right thing. I might move an object and the Edit menu say "Undo move object" but when I do control Z it undoes something different such as a resize of an object. Very strange.

This sounds like it might be another symptom of bug 229. If you find a reproducable case, you might want to add yourself to that bug.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ctrl F2 to drop menus down

Fredrik Stendahl wrote:
There i an OS X system wide keyboard shortcut to pull down menus: ctrl F2. This works with the Finder and with other programs I have tested. It does not work in current patch 5 Neo/J. Is this a limitation of the java implimentation or is it a bug?

I found the problem. There was some code that I added when Ed and I first implemented the Aqua menus and this code was causing this menu shortcut (and probably other standard Apple menu shortcuts) to be ignored.

I have fixed this and I will include the fix in the next Neo/J 1.1 Alpha 2 patch.

Patrick
mackinaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: kudos

no tech input, just a word of encouragement to let you know the world is giddy and having trouble sleeping, it feels like xmas eve. looking forward to the beta version!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1