· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Yet another launching problem
Yet another launching problem

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cormorant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Yet another launching problem

I'm running 10.2.8, and I just installed Ooo, or attempted to, at any rate. I believe my X server is XFree86 (or should be), but I am getting the following error message when I try to launch from the terminal:

/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program
/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display: localhost:0
Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
or check permissions of your X-Server
(See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)

I know it wants me to set the path to my X server, but I don't know where it is, what it's called, or how to find it. I recognize that this is a pathetic sort of question, but it's been a long time since I actually ran Linux, and these things made a lot more sense on Linux anyway.

How can I find my X server (assuming it even installed correctly)?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject:

OK, first you have to launch XDarwin (or X11.app if you're using apple's tools). After that, make sure you do the following in a shell:

Code:

csh
setenv DISPLAY localhost:0
setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program:/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/filter
sh /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/program/soffice &

Unlike on Linux, the X11 server is not running by default so you'll have to either start it manually or use a launcher like Start OpenOffice.org that will automatically launch X11 for you if it isn't already running.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1