· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Toggle Gridlines
Toggle Gridlines

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Toggle Gridlines

I notice that in the pre-release build of NeoOffice v3, there's a new item in Calc that's been added to the Formatting toolbar, called Toggle Grid Lines for Current Sheet. Is this a special Neo value-added item, or is it also available in OpenOffice in general? Since there's no obvious way to backtrack toolbar items to see where they are stored, I can't find its source to see if I can add it in OOo too.

Also, it has the wrong description: 'Tracks each change that is made in the current document by author and date' (which is actually the description for Edit::Changes::Record).

- padmavyuha
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:

This appears to be a feature that Novell's ooo-build engineers added to the OpenOffice.org code. I don't know anything about the new feature but I do know that the Novell engineers do post some information from time to time on their website at Go-OO.org.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject:

thanks (sorry I asked in 2 different posts). I've contacted them to ask whether that functionality is available anywhere in the Category/Function lists, so one could link it to a key combo as well as/instead of having it in the buttonbar - I couldn't find it in the lists, but know that the names that appear in the Function panel are often very unintuitive with respect to the function they perform (e.g. Up/Down/Left/Right for the Fill commands Smile). I'm interested to see if I get a response.

Incidentally, I didn't notice it before, but it's a 'toggle' button - when the grid's showing, it's grey, and when the grid's hidden, it's non-coloured - a nice touch. But it could use its own custom icon - I've used uno:Grid for the moment, which is not very pretty. I'll mention this in the icons thread too.

- padmavyuha
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject:

At Andy's suggestion, I've started a new v3.0 thread for icons.

Meanwhile, the oo-build folk confirm that the dodgy description for 'Toggle Grid Lines for Current Sheet' is in their code, and they'll fix it. They also pointed me to where it lives for binding to key combos etc., which is in category: Format. Kohei said he's got no idea how it ended up in that category (which is counter-intuitive), but he'll let me know if it gets moved Smile.

This function ought to get a mention in a Neo/OOo v3 comparison table, since it'll probably be a while before OpenOffice 3.xx gets it added, and it's a really nice function for quick presentations.

- padmavyuha
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
This function ought to get a mention in a Neo/OOo v3 comparison table, since it'll probably be a while before OpenOffice 3.xx gets it added, and it's a really nice function for quick presentations.

Do you want to make a Talk page for the (as yet non-existant) NeoOffice 3.0 Feature Comparison and add that there?

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject:

Sure... er, what's a Talk Page? Embarassed - I've never set up a new page on the wiki before.

- padmavyuha
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Sure... er, what's a Talk Page? Embarassed - I've never set up a new page on the wiki before.

It's what's accessed by the "discussion" tab (I guess that term is localized, but the URL always is Talk:Page_Name), so visit the URL for the non-existant NeoOffice 3.0 Feature Comparison page and click on the "discussion" tab. And enjoy your first new page Smile

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1