· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - cURL Installer I am Creating
cURL Installer I am Creating

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject:

Shocked Are you sure your USB key will survive this?
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject:

So have you looked at the latest draft yet?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject:

rab777hp wrote:
So have you looked at the latest draft yet?

Good question. Ed? Have you looked at the latest code? If so, are there any remaining issues?

Patrick
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Happy new year everyone!
So now that the holidays are over, will we recommence looking at the code? I can send it again if the email didn't go through.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject:

rab777hp wrote:
Happy new year everyone!
So now that the holidays are over, will we recommence looking at the code? I can send it again if the email didn't go through.

Unfortunately, I had been hoping that Ed could take a look at this as I am actually more swamped now than I was before and will be for the next few months due to our our upcoming NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access release.

My hope is that Ed can find some spare time to look at it as he is the Automator expert. However, he does have a full-time job so I assume his time is as limited as mine. I am just guessing, however, so you can always try sending him a PM to see if this is something that he has the time to look at.

Patrick
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Oh ok, I am sure your time is being well spent working on 3.0, I'll try working on it a bit more and send Ed something he might have time to look at.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject:

I'm very sorry I haven't had a chance to revisit this; this is again my fault for letting this slip through the cracks. I started to investigate again but while I'm visiting my family I only have access to 10.5. I couldn't figure out any way to check for 10.4 automator compatibility so I was going to wait to recheck when I get back to my own house next Thursday.

ed
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject:

Ok, I myself have access to a 10.4 machine at all times, if you have an idea you would like me to test I can do that on tiger as well to check compatibility.
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Hi everyone-
I was just wondering if there have been any new developments?
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Hi again-
Just wondering if there have been any updates on this?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject:

rab777hp wrote:
Hi again-
Just wondering if there have been any updates on this?

I cannot speak for Ed but I am have to admit that this keeps dropping to the bottom of my priority list. It is not that we don't like your idea, it is just that I have been swamped ever since we started work on the NeoOffice 3.0 release. Unfortunately, I do not see any end to my workload in the near future and I am still in "triage mode" just for handling NeoOffice bugs and support requests.

I was hoping that maybe Ed would have some spare time to look at (he is familiar with Automator while I am not), but despite his best intentions, I suspect that his real job is not leaving much time to do any NeoOffice work. Sad

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject:

I feel bad that Ed and I have been unable to make any progress on this and since I do not want to see your work go to waste, I would like to propose that an idea: that you host your Automator package on your own site (so you get credit for your work) and we add some verbage and a link to your download page in our cURL NeoWiki article.

I know it is not the most ideal approach, but if you think it has good for users, let us know and we can update the NeoWiki article.

Patrick
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Okay, we could do that. Since you said earlier you do not want people to bypass the donations page and such, should I just host the file, or should I post about it on my site as well and allow people to bypass the file?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject:

rab777hp wrote:
Okay, we could do that. Since you said earlier you do not want people to bypass the donations page and such, should I just host the file, or should I post about it on my site as well and allow people to bypass the file?

I was thinking about that but hopefully that can be prevented in most cases by putting a link back to our download page. Just make it clear that you are providing this tool as a convenience to users with slow or flaky internet connections and, if they find any problems when using your tool, you recommend that they try downloading from NeoOffice.org's download page.

Patrick
rab777hp
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject:

okay, sounds good,
so once i do that, you'd put a link in the cURL wiki?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6