Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - A Diatribe Against OpenOffice, But What's the Real Agenda?
A Diatribe Against OpenOffice, But What's the Real Agenda?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-9
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: A Diatribe Against OpenOffice, But What's the Real Agenda?

a new article I found:

http://ostatic.com/blog/a-diatribe-against-openoffice-but-whats-the-real-agenda
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:

This topic is a re-run.

See the other thread:
https://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6817&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject:

What I don't understand is how Meeks is getting so much coverage from his recycled analysis. Novell must really be upset with Sun, but they handle this by flooding the tech media with an old story?

What I am really interested in knowing is what does Novell really want. Complaining that Sun doesn't run OOo the way Novell likes will, IMHO, lead nowhere. Novell already has a fork, why don't they just put their own brand on it and run their operations the way that they want to?

Patrick
K-9
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject:

MacRat --- sorry for the old material - a few of the new news posts appear to be recycled old hat not red hat - news. It is tough for me to keep track of all of thes news and now it makes it harder for me to know if it is relevant to post here now afterall...Hmmmm.

Yes I am not sure whate the various agendas are here and once again why they keep pressing on these various OOo dynamics. Maybe just a slow news day. Embarassed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject:

Well, in these times getting press attention is a valuable thing not only for companies but also for individuals within companies...the only way to survive a layoff is to prove that you are a "mission critical" player, either as a company, a team, or an individual.

I've met Michael personally on a few occasions, and I personally don't think there's any kind of agenda either for him or for Novell. I think this is just another example of the cascading effect of everyone wanting to be Digg. An article gets on Digg, and, within days, it gets recycled and reposted on /., and oddly a few weeks after starts getting recycled by more "traditional" journalists and sources, etc.

Fact checking and respectable journalism are dead.

Another example from a different industry was the recycling of the "United Airlines going Bankrupt" story last year which originally was from 2002...but a Florida newspaper republished it in their feeds, so it started getting traction in other feeds, and suddenly United stock dropped 80% on completely false news. It's amazing...not due to the stock drop, but due to the sheer amount of people that are willing to parrot anything from any source without doing even rudimentary fact checking like a google search or seeing a post date in the URL. Sad.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1