NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoWiki translation in Dutch
NeoWiki translation in Dutch

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Thanks to yakusha for all the fine work so far and all the work yet to come! Wink

I would like to echo a "Thank you" to yakusha and add one to Smokey for these latest translations in the NeoWiki.

--fran
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject:

Ziet er heel goed uit Smile.

Bedankt,
Oscar

yakusha
Operator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:

thank you all for the kudos

greetz,

Operator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: NeoLight

Hi,
while translating I stumbled on something.
http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/NeoLight#Testing_Your_Installation item 5 isn't happening as described.
Instead of the titlebar of the document it's the titlebar of the dialog window that changes to reflect the entry in the "Title" field.
using NeoOffice 2.2.5 patch 6

greetz,

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks yakusha.

I made the change in the NeoWiki article to read:

Quote:
Notice that the title from the Properties dialog appears in the dialog's titlebar.

Let me know if that change is ok and if you see anything else.

--fran
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject:

OOo must have fixed that wacky Windows behavior (or Patrick figured out how to fix it, which is more likely!); the behavior used to work as the wiki described (any "Title" metadata was used as the title of the document window, instead of the filename).

Smokey

Operator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: NeoOffice Early Access FAQ

hi,

while translating I stumbled on something that I find a little strange.

NeoWiki
Quote:
Any donations made on or after 27 March 2007 - the end of the last - until 27 August 2007 - the end of the current Early Access Program - will automatically be counted.

Official NeoOffice Early Access Program page
Quote:
Any donations made on or after 27 August 2007 - the end of the last Early Access Program - until 31 March 2009 - the end of the current Early Access Program - will automatically be counted.

NeoWiki
Quote:
While it is currently unclear whether we can legally restrict the distribution of NeoOffice binaries obtained under the NeoOffice Early Access Program, we ask that you do not redistribute these binaries to others until after the Early Access Program for the specific binary release has ended (e.g., until 27 August 2007 for NeoOffice 3.0).

Confused the date of the last quote from the wiki.

greetz,

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Early Access FAQ

yakusha wrote:
hi,

while translating I stumbled on something that I find a little strange.

NeoWiki
Quote:
Any donations made on or after 27 March 2007 - the end of the last - until 27 August 2007 - the end of the current Early Access Program - will automatically be counted.

Official NeoOffice Early Access Program page
Quote:
Any donations made on or after 27 August 2007 - the end of the last Early Access Program - until 31 March 2009 - the end of the current Early Access Program - will automatically be counted.

NeoWiki
Quote:
While it is currently unclear whether we can legally restrict the distribution of NeoOffice binaries obtained under the NeoOffice Early Access Program, we ask that you do not redistribute these binaries to others until after the Early Access Program for the specific binary release has ended (e.g., until 27 August 2007 for NeoOffice 3.0).

Confused the date of the last quote from the wiki.

greetz,

Which NeoWiki page is that on? Can you post a link and we will update it?

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Early Access FAQ

pluby wrote:

Which NeoWiki page is that on? Can you post a link and we will update it?

I see this in the NeoOffice Early Access FAQ NeoWiki article. I will go ahead and correct it.

yakusha, did you see date discrepancies regarding the Early Access Program anywhere else in the NeoWiki?

--fran
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Early Access FAQ

narf wrote:
I see this in the NeoOffice Early Access FAQ NeoWiki article. I will go ahead and correct it.

yakusha, did you see date discrepancies regarding the Early Access Program anywhere else in the NeoWiki?

I guess I beat you to it Wink The current end date should now be updated wherever it was used, since we have that as a template. Hopefully the only place where we care about the end of the *last* EAP is that page Wink

More dusting...it's been quite a while since we've done an EAP, so it's harder to remember all the things we're supposed to change Sad Thanks for catching them!

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Actually, one other question for Patrick: there's a paragraph in there about the "2.x series EAP" for more generous donors; is there going to be an equivalent for Neo 3.x, or should we just hide that paragraph?

And are there any updates you want to make to the statistics section?

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NeoOffice Early Access FAQ

sardisson wrote:
I guess I beat you to it Wink The current end date should now be updated wherever it was used, since we have that as a template. Hopefully the only place where we care about the end of the *last* EAP is that page Wink

Yes, you did Wink When I checked the EAP templates I saw you had already been by.

sardisson wrote:
More dusting...it's been quite a while since we've done an EAP, so it's harder to remember all the things we're supposed to change Sad Thanks for catching them!

Thanks Smokey and another thanks to yakusha for noticing this,
--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
And are there any updates you want to make to the statistics section?

In general, the statistics section is still mostly accurate. The only real change since that was written is the amount of support effort we do. To me, the wording implies that we are spending 70-80 hours a week on development when, in reality, we are spending more than half on user support. Also, I don't know if this needs to go in there or not, but since narf is now working on NeoOffice almost full time and she is not a developer (her background is Unix system administration and testing), the 70-80 hours is really something like "two people each work 50 to 60 hours every week working on NeoOffice development, bug fixing, and user support".

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Actually, one other question for Patrick: there's a paragraph in there about the "2.x series EAP" for more generous donors; is there going to be an equivalent for Neo 3.x, or should we just hide that paragraph?

I am not Patrick Wink but I see on the official Early Access Program information there is the same information about a subscription for NeoOffice 3.x EAP. I changed the subscription references in the English NeoWiki article from NeoOffice 2.x EAP to NeoOffice 3.x EAP.

--fran
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
The only real change since that was written is the amount of support effort we do. To me, the wording implies that we are spending 70-80 hours a week on development when, in reality, we are spending more than half on user support. Also, I don't know if this needs to go in there or not, but since narf is now working on NeoOffice almost full time and she is not a developer (her background is Unix system administration and testing), the 70-80 hours is really something like "two people each work 50 to 60 hours every week working on NeoOffice development, bug fixing, and user support".

I think it's probably worth reworking the wording on that page to reflect the reality of the situation, not only with reference to the personnel, but also to the fact that the nature of NeoOffice "development" has changed since we first wrote that text. NeoOffice is now a very mature, stable product, and most of the obvious points of integration with Mac OS X have been completed (whereas the first EAP was during the big push to Aqua widgets and Intel support). And where else can you get the kind of question/answer (often from the lead developer himself) or bug/fix turn-around time that you find on trinity and in bugzilla--at least among free software programs? Wink

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4