· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - I can't post this reply
I can't post this reply

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: I can't post this reply

I suspect this is a phpBB thing or something to do with HTML entities, but I typed the reply shown in the picture attached to this post and it was then scrambled - even if the apparently offending text was tagged as code.

This is how the post is rendered:

Quote:
You don't need a separate test for this. If C8 is bigger than or equal to 285, it must also be bigger than or equal to 102. Or did you mean smaller than or equal to 285?

If so, you can nest IF formulae thus:
=IF(C8>=102;IF(C8<=285;B8-C8;0);0)
This formula first tests that the value of C8 is greater than or equal to 102, if it is not it returns zero, if it is then it goes on to evaluate the second IF formula which tests whether C8 is less than or equal to 285. If it is not then it returns zero, otherwise it calculates B8-C8.

Or it might be simpler to combine your two tests in an AND as follows:
=IF(AND(B8<285>=102);B8-C8;0)

Hope this helps

[I've just edited this because phpBB scrambled the AND formula!]
Note how the AND formula is scrambled.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject:

Ah, yes...you're trying to type things with less than and greater than signs. When doing that, it's best to check the "Disable HTML in this post" checkbox underneath the message body entry field. That will prevent phpbb from trying to interpret the less than/greater than characters as parts of HTML tag markup.

ed
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject:

Ah yes! [Slaps forehead, rolls eyes! Rolling Eyes] I should have spotted that. I thought it would be enough to post the relevant line within code tags, and I had overlooked the ability to turn off HTML.

Thanks

James
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it's a bit insidious with cell formulas since many HTML tags are single letteres. I don't think that the phpbb parsing code is all that particularly robust. You also might want to try the "code" blocks...I think that phpbb doesn't try to parse HTML tags within code blocks, but I may be wrong.

ed
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject:

Yes I did try [ code ] [ /code ] and it displayed it as code, but still attempted to parse part of it as HTML.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject:

James3359 wrote:
Yes I did try [ code ] [ /code ] and it displayed it as code, but still attempted to parse part of it as HTML.

That's odd, because I'm sure I *didn't* use entities for the angle brackets in my forumla in the code block (though I did disable smilies, because dumb phpBB tries to interpret them even inside code blocks Razz ).

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1