Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How to See Notes in Writer?
How to See Notes in Writer?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbh
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: How to See Notes in Writer?

I marked up someone's writer document using 3 EA, also adding notes using the Insert>Note command. When they open the document using the early NeoOffice, they do not see the notes. They have the view changes turned on and can see them, but not notes. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Also, is there any way for me to print my document and have it also print the notes? I have tried and can't get it to do that.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject:

In Neo 2.x and earlier versions, notes are visible as little thin yellow boxes inlined with the text. To view the note contents in Neo 2.x, you need to hover the mouse over the yellow box and the notes content will appear in a tooltip. The "sidebar" notes view is something new for OOo 3.x and is only in Neo 3.0.

I also know there have been slight changes to the Oasis OpenDocument formats, so there may be something else that's preventing the notes from being displayed.

To print with notes, choose File > Printer Settings. In the second dialog that appears, there's a "Notes" section of radio buttons on the right hand side of the dialog. By default, "None" is selected to prevent notes from printing. If you choose one of the other options you can turn on printing notes either at the end of each page of text or as a new section at the end of the document.

ed
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
To print with notes, choose File > Printer Settings. In the second dialog that appears, there's a "Notes" section of radio buttons on the right hand side of the dialog.

In NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 7, this does not work. However, you can get to the Printer Options dialog by using File > Print rather than using the toolbar icon:
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum