· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Stylist - placing on screen
Stylist - placing on screen

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim_Mason

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Stylist - placing on screen

Hello
Ùsing OSX 10.2.8 and OO 1.1, I am having problems with the stylist. At some stage, it has been stretched so that the lower edge is off-screen, and I can find no way of resizing it. This means that I cannot access the styles type box at the bottom for as long as I keep it in floating panel mode. If I change it to fixed position, it's okay, but I'd rather float it. Does anyone know what's happening, and how I can resize it?

Thanks

Tim Mason
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject:

Are you using the XFree86 X11 environment with 10.2.8 or are you using Apple X11 Public Betas? The Apple X11 Public Betas definitely had bugs with window sizing that were fixed in the final release, but unfortunately the final release only works on Panther.

ed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject:

Thank you for your reply. I am using X11 Beta 3 - XFree86 4.2.1. Is this an Apple Beta? I know that I had trouble finding it, as Apple took it off their site in the wake of launching Panther. I'm not particularly interested in up-grading to Panther, as I'm quite happy with the previous version of X

Timothy
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Yes, that's the source of your problem...Apple X11 Beta 3 was the beta build where all kinds of window positioning errors were introduced. This includes the classic "window creep" bug and probably some others. The window positioning problems were fixed by Apple in their final release, but the final X11 release is only available for Panther systems.

Your only potential solutions for Jaguar are to try to track down Apple X11 Beta 2 for 10.2.x (which didn't have window positioning problems) or to use the XDarwin environment (http://www.xfree86.org). The latter is probably the better solution. If you really want the Aqua window frames then you can use the OroborOSX application.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1