Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Worth a try: PrintJobMgr errors, anyone?
Worth a try: PrintJobMgr errors, anyone?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Worth a try: PrintJobMgr errors, anyone?

I've just got a new OKI mono LED printer. All good, until I try printing a more-than-2-pages doc in duplex - then I get a PrintJobMgr error in the CUPS error_log: Crashed on signal 11! (their exclamation mark Smile)
and then: Job stopped due to filter errors.

Has anyone else ever seen this, and if so, do you know what it means? OKI have no idea what signal 11 is - and more disturbingly, Apple Support have no idea either, and it's their Print Manager, fer goodness' sake.

I've done a google on this, and people seem to have this with diverse printers by diverse manufacturers, so I suspect it's a OSX bug.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck printing duplex 2 pages at a time, sigh... and wasted a stack of paper trying to get this to work.

By the way, done all the delete-and-reinstall-fresh-drivers thing already.

- padmavyuha

wah! my new toy won't work!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Worth a try: PrintJobMgr errors, anyone?

yoxi wrote:
I've just got a new OKI mono LED printer. All good, until I try printing a more-than-2-pages doc in duplex - then I get a PrintJobMgr error in the CUPS error_log: Crashed on signal 11! (their exclamation mark Smile)
and then: Job stopped due to filter errors

I don't much about printer drivers, but I do know that signal 11 is the signal that means some code has tried to use memory that does not exist. These are the type of crashes that NeoOffice and OpenOffice.org encounter so I am wondering if the crash generated a crash log?

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject:

Not Neo/OOo or MS Word or Preview (I tried this with saving to PDF first), but I get this in system.log:
Code:
Apr 15 12:34:33 smaragd B410_[494]: B410_(494,0xa00c1720) malloc: *** error for object 0x14a7000: pointer being freed was not allocated\n*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Apr 15 12:34:33 smaragd B410_[494]: B410_(494,0xa00c1720) malloc: *** error for object 0x153610: double free\n*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

and it eventually throws a PrintJobMgr crash report, which see attached. Not that I'm expecting you to spend any time looking at it unless you want a distraction from your real work, you understand - it's not a NeoOffice problem.

But without really knowing what I'm talking about, the above lines suggest to me bugs in the printer driver itself (B410 is the printer model, and the driver name).

- padmavyuha
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject:

The crash log is what you want to send to Okidata as your crash log clearly shows that the Okidata printer driver code is where the crash is occurring in.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject:

Yup, I figured that, I've just emailed them with all of it (their phone support is less than helpful). Thanks for looking.

The driver is OSX driver version 1.0.0, after all... Confused

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1