Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Splitting large document?
Splitting large document?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klgc3273
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Splitting large document?

I've been working on a large document (a book) that's gotten increasingly cumbersome to edit. Even on a Mac G5 PPC with 1 gig memory, and no other apps but an email client running, NeoOffice takes considerable time to straighten out the content when shifting around (even worse if one uses the scroll bar).

So, what I'd like to do is split the document up into different files. I can easily combine the generated pdfs afterward. Of course I should have started with the idea of several smaller files, but I didn't. Now that I'm this far along, does anybody know of an easy way to split *.odt files on page boundaries, without the effort of going through the original file several times deleting pages?

Thanks,
Lee C
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject:

Assuming you just want to break it up into chapters (and not into 1-doc-per-page ??) then I'd select the chapter, copy it to clipboard, and paste it into a new doc. Keep doing that witrh each chapter until you have all your separate docs, and no need for deleting. Then you can make a master document that references those chapter docs. That should speed things up a lot.

- padmavyuha

[NB: I changed the spelling in your thread title to assist future forum searches Smile]

Last edited by yoxi on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject:

Moved to NeoOffice Support.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1