Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Leopard system update printer issue translation request
Leopard system update printer issue translation request

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

In the last few days, we have been seeing posts from users that the recent Leopard system update causes printers to stop working for all applications. Since this is a serious issue for all Mac users, I have put the following link on our main website:

Quote:
Leopard users: Printers stop working after installing Apple system update

If anyone has time, can you translate the above text? Also, can you translate the text in the blue box on the French, Italian, or Spanish versions of the NeoWiki article that the link points to?

Thanks,

Patrick
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

Quote:
Leopard users: Printers stop working after installing Apple system update

Quote:
Utilisateurs de Léopard : imprimantes cessant de fonctionner après la Mise à jour du Système Apple

It might be usefull to indicate 10.5.7 ou last in the link?

the blue box :

Quote:
Imprimantes cessant de fonctionner après la Mise à jour Système Apple

Problème :fin juin 2009, Apple a sorti une mise à jour Système pour Mac Os X 10.5.7 Léopard. Cette mise à jour semble avoir un bug qui provoque l'arrêt de fonctionnement des vos imprimantes dans toutes les applications, y compris dans NeoOffice.

Solution: Heureusement nous avons trouvé le moyen pour que vos imprimantes refonctionnent en suivant les étapes suivantes :

1. Lancer l'application Préférences Système, cliquez sur l'icône Imprimantes et fax, puis sur l'onglet Impression

2. Faites un Contrôle-clic dans la liste des imprimantes, un menu déroulant apparaît, sélectionnez Réinitialiser le sytème d'impression.

3. Redémarrer votre ordinateur.

I have no problem with my LaserWriter 16/600PS Wink iMac Intel, 10.5.7 French

By the way, I don't know if it is because I have only on printer, but there is no Printing Tab…

HTH

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

FYI. I have posted the French translations.

hi_RAM wrote:

Are you sure you have the latest system update? The 10.5.7 system update is not the problem. The problem is caused by the system updates that Apple released in the last week.

hi_RAM wrote:
By the way, I don't know if it is because I have only on printer, but there is no Printing Tab…

I forgot that there is no Printing tab in Leopard (it only exists in Tiger and earlier) so I have removed that text from the NeoWiki articles.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

Here's an updated French translation, which I think is slightly better:

Quote:
Utilisateurs de Leopard : imprimantes cessant de fonctionner suite à une mise à jour système d'Apple
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject:

I also updated the French Wiki article.

Note that I have all latest system updates applied (Safari, Java, Bluetooth, etc.), but was able to print without having to reset the printing system.

Also, I know this isn't very important, but I think using "may" (as in "Printers may stop working after installing Apple system update") would make the announcement less panicky and/or intimidating (as the bug may not necessarily cause loss of printing for everyone) while still providing the necessary information.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Also, I know this isn't very important, but I think using "may" (as in "Printers may stop working after installing Apple system update") would make the announcement less panicky and/or intimidating (as the bug may not necessarily cause loss of printing for everyone) while still providing the necessary information.

That sounds like a good change. Can you update your translations? Once you do, I will add "may" to the English pages.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject:

Here's the updated French translation:

Quote:
Utilisateurs de Leopard : les imprimantes peuvent cesser de fonctionner suite à une mise à jour système d'Apple
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject:

Samwise,

Your French translation is now on the website. I have also updated the English text on the webiste and in the NeoWiki.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject:

I have now updated the French translation on the Wiki as well.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

Quote:
Leopard gebruikers: Printers werken niet meer na installeren van Apple systeem update

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

Oscar,

ovvldc wrote:
Quote:
Leopard gebruikers: Printers werken niet meer na installeren van Apple systeem update

Does this have the "Printers may stop working" change we added this morning? If not, does the translation change if you replace "Printers stop working" with "Printers may stop working"?

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

Quote:
Leopard gebruikers: Printers werken mogelijk niet meer na installeren van Apple systeem update

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject:

The Dutch translation is now on the website.

Patrick
hi_RAM
Councilperson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard system update printer issue translation request

pluby wrote:
FYI.
hi_RAM wrote:

Are you sure you have the latest system update? The 10.5.7 system update is not the problem. The problem is caused by the system updates that Apple released in the last week.

I was confused because
1. a friend of mine had a problem with fax and 10.5.7…
2. for me System update are 10.5.6, 1O.5.7…
Last week there was only Safari and Java Update… for my PPC and for the iMac Intel C2D I use from time to time…

Samwise translation is not slightly but really better, I had the same idea but as we don't have the printer problems, I was pondering about what Update caused it…

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1