· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - New "previous version" feature ready for testing
New "previous version" feature ready for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: New "previous version" feature ready for testing

After much work by Tim over the last few weeks, NeoOffice Mobile has a new feature: the ability to view the previous version of each file.

With this new feature, when you click on a file's download link in the NeoOffice Mobile window in NeoOffice or when using NeoOffice Mobile in a web browser, there will be a new "Previous Version" option in the popup menu. By clicking on this option, links to both the last upload copy of the file as well as the previous version of the file will appear.

Note that when NeoOffice Mobile goes "live" at the start of the NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Program, this feature will only be available to NeoOffice.org donors. Since NeoOffice Mobile is still in test mode (and real donations will not show up in our NeoOffice Mobile test database), I have manually added a fake 25 Euro payment to each existing user's account in the NeoOffice Mobile test database.

So, if you already have a NeoOffice Mobile test account, this new feature should work but if you create a new account, it will not work until I manually add payments for your user.

Please let us know if you find any problems or have any questions about this new feature.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: New "previous version" feature ready for testi

pluby wrote:
Please let us know if you find any problems or have any questions about this new feature.

Patrick, when I try to access that "Previous Version" link, it tells me "Previous versions are not available with this plan." My NeoMobileTest username is the same as my trinity one.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New "previous version" feature ready for testi

sardisson wrote:
pluby wrote:

Patrick, when I try to access that "Previous Version" link, it tells me "Previous versions are not available with this plan." My NeoMobileTest username is the same as my trinity one.

I see that your user has the fake donation payments properly credited to your user so can you try logging out of NeoOffice Mobile and then logging back in again?

Also, can you upload a new file and then upload a second version over the same file and see if that works? I wonder if we are just giving the wrong error message when a file has no previous versions.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New "previous version" feature ready for testi

pluby wrote:
Also, can you upload a new file and then upload a second version over the same file and see if that works? I wonder if we are just giving the wrong error message when a file has no previous versions.

The file I initially tested before making the previous post did not have a previous version, but I did then open it (from NeoMobile), make changes, save (to NeoMobile), and try again.

I'll log out/in again, and also try a completely fresh file, and report back.

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Logging out/in made no difference; I still get the same error message.

Uploading a new file doesn't seem to work, either. To be clear, these are my steps:

1) Create new Writer document, write stuff
2) Upload to NeoMobile
3) Close file in Neo
4) Open file from NeoMobile
5) Make changes to file
6) Save to NeoMobile again, say "Yes" to "Overwrite" dialogue
7) Check for "Previous Version" in the file's menu in NeoMobile

I also logged out and in again and repeated step 7, but still no luck.

Also, when a file has no previous versions, I get the same incorrect error message, but since I get it regardless, that may be the overriding condition.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Something is definitely not working but it don't know what the problem is. I will have to look into this further.

Tim,

Can you also take a look at the sardisson user? I see that the his account is properly credited with the US$ equivalent of the 25 Euro fake payment that I applied, so maybe the service record is not getting created?

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject:

Smokey,

Can you try using a regular web browser and logging into the following URL?:

http://neomobile-test.neooffice.org/

Does the previous feature work there?

Tim,

I looked at the database and the problem is that while the sardisson user has adequate donation balance in the users tables, there is no new "planId = 2" row for his userid.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Smokey,

Can you try using a regular web browser and logging into the following URL?:

http://neomobile-test.neooffice.org/

Does the previous feature work there?

I think I checked yesterday and it failed, but I checked again just now and I get the same "Sorry, but previous versions are not accessible with this plan" error message Sad

Smokey

Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I'll look into it, I'll post a reply when I know more.

- Tim
TimT
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Ok, it looks like the plan was not getting set correctly on login. Can you try logging out then back in. Does that work?

Thanks,
- Tim
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject:

TimT wrote:
Ok, it looks like the plan was not getting set correctly on login. Can you try logging out then back in. Does that work?

Thanks,
- Tim

That change seems to have done the trick. Smile

FYI, I had to log in twice in the client; the first time login failed!? claiming I had an invalid account (and also with some error messages at the top of the client related to something about "plan" being undefined; sorry, I forgot to grab them); I tried to log in again and succeeded, and then could see previous versions and open them. (I was able to log in right away on the web and see the previous versions.)

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1