Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Help: checksum error on Mac OS X Panther install
Help: checksum error on Mac OS X Panther install

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Help: checksum error on Mac OS X Panther install

I'm new to Mac and Open Office... I have an iBook with a fresh install of Panther, with the bundled X11. When I run the ooo112_osx_final.dmg, I get an installation error, "invalid checksum". Do I have to download this install package again? It's a real hassle for me because there is no high speed where I live, so I have to travel to get big downloads (and the Mac OOo is HUGE!). Is there another way around this? I thought Macs were supposed to be easy compared to PCs, but my PC OOo installation was a breeze. All comments appreciated.

thanks!
JF Wink
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject:

If you're getting a checksum error then you most likely have a corrupted download. Do you still have the compressed image ending in "bz2"? If so you can check your MD5 sum of that compressed file to see if there's any corruption.

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/md5sums.html

There are also some howtos on what MD5 sums are and how you can generate them yourself from the link on the bottom.

ed
Waldo
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Help: checksum error on Mac OS X Panther install

Anonymous wrote:
I'm new to Mac and Open Office... I have an iBook with a fresh install of Panther, with the bundled X11. When I run the ooo112_osx_final.dmg, I get an installation error, "invalid checksum". Do I have to download this install package again? It's a real hassle for me because there is no high speed where I live, so I have to travel to get big downloads (and the Mac OOo is HUGE!). Is there another way around this? I thought Macs were supposed to be easy compared to PCs, but my PC OOo installation was a breeze. All comments appreciated.

thanks!
JF Wink

JF--

My suggestion-- download NeoOffice/J. It will be a breeze, trust me.

get it here:

http://www.neooffice.org/java/

W

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Hello--

Thank you for your quick responses!

I downloaded md5sum and ran it on the original bz2 archive and the checksums matched exactly. So, it looks like the download it not corrupted. Anyother reason I would be getting a checksum invalid error?

I had a peek at NeoOffice, but my iBook only has 256 meg ram so I can't run it. Pity, it looks interesting.

cheers
JF Wink
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
I downloaded md5sum and ran it on the original bz2 archive and the checksums matched exactly. So, it looks like the download it not corrupted. Anyother reason I would be getting a checksum invalid error?

Hmm. What did you use to expand the bz2 archive? That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Anonymous wrote:
I had a peek at NeoOffice, but my iBook only has 256 meg ram so I can't run it. Pity, it looks interesting.

It'll run with 256. The feedback we've gotten from folks with 256 MB has been that it seems to slow down the system, so Patrick changed the text a little, and we're still tinkering with the phrasing for the listings. Smile

pluby wrote:
512 MB isn't necessary. However, many people have said that Neo/J can really slow down a machine with only 256 MB. It won't hurt anything to try it out.

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Help: checksum error on Mac OS X Panther install

Anonymous wrote:
I'm new to Mac and Open Office... I have an iBook with a fresh install of Panther, with the bundled X11. When I run the ooo112_osx_final.dmg, I get an installation error, "invalid checksum".

I also responded to your post on OOoDocs :

http://ooodocs.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5541#5541

Regards, Terry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject:

Thank you! I now have everything running!
JF Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1