Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Touch losing network connection to neomobile-test
Touch losing network connection to neomobile-test

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gantner
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Touch losing network connection to neomobile-test

In an attempt to recover my password I used the utility on the neomobile-test.neooffice.org site (https://neomobile-test.neooffice.org/users/forgotpassword) while using my iPod touch (beta OS: 3.1 (7c97d))

I entered my email and hit the 'send email' button. Three times in a row I was presented with a message stating: "Safari cannot open the page because the network connection was lost" - see attached photo.

I was getting the reset emails so the process was working but the consistent error message led me to believe that there was a problem.

this was over my home wi-fi network that I don't lose connections very often. No other web pages I have visited have given me errors tonight.

If there is anything else I can provide let me know.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject:

I can reproduce this in Safari when I set Safari to tell web server's that it is an iPod Touch 3.0. This does not happen when Safari is set to the default mode.

Tim,

Can you investigate this? I also found that once this happens, I get CakePHP's standard "page not found" page and the only way I can stop getting that page is to select Safari's Safari :: Reset Safari menu.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject:

I have opened bug 3498 to track this problem. When there is status to report from the bug it will be posted here.

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed bug 3498. The bug was in our webserver code and our servers now have my fix. Can you tell us if the bug is fixed for you?

Tim,

Now that this CakePHP infinite recursion bug is fixed, I noticed that when you click on the link in the e-mail that is sent, the "webLayout" layout is used instead of the "defaultMobile" layout even though my user agent is still set to an iPod Touch. Is this something that you can take a look at?

Patrick
TimT
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Yea I'll take a look at this. I'll post back when I find a fix.
gantner
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Confirmation of fix

The password reset no longer triggers a 'network time out' as it had before on my ipod. The problem is resolved from my end. Thank you and sorry for the long delay in confirming the fix from my submission.

Just as a matter of usability: While the page offers a green banner that the email was indeed sent, the user is required to either click the browser 'Back' button or select 'Cancel' to return to the login page. kinda confusing.
TimT
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Just as a matter of usability: While the page offers a green banner that the email was indeed sent, the user is required to either click the browser 'Back' button or select 'Cancel' to return to the login page. kinda confusing.

Is this on the page where you enter your email, or on the page after you click the link from the email? Should we remove the input and cancel link?
gantner
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Just after submitting my email

After I submit my email to have my password reset I am presented with a green banner that tells me the email was sent successfully (see attached image). I guess I was expecting to see a button that directed me to a login page but the only two buttons are "Cancel' or "Send Email" - neither of which i want to do.

Of course the menu above is there to choose from (not in screenshot) but a new button would also confirm that the password process is moving along successfully.

Just my thoughts about it. Let me know if I can provide anything else.
TimT
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Yea, I think having the input and the submit button could be confusing. I'll remove those and replace it with instructions. See attached image. Does this look better?
gantner
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Much Clearer

Your revised page is much clearer to me as a user than the current version. It tells me that the process is complete, successful and provides the next steps. Thanks for addressing this.

Matt
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have added TimT's changes (as well as the changes for other bugs that he has fixed) on our test servers. If Fran finds no breakage while testing these changes over the next few days, we will then add the changes to the NeoOffice Mobile official website.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject:

FYI: The changes to the password reset window have now been added to NeoOffice Mobile. Can you take a look at the password reset window and let us know if you see the revised page?

--fran
gantner
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Can't confirm changes

When I connect to neomobile-test.neooffice.org (https or http) I am immediately presented with a authentication dialog box before any page content is rendered. Embarrassingly, and what prompted this thread, I have forgotten my USER ID and PASSWORD for the site but now there is no option for me to recover it.

I connected to neomobile-test.neooffice.org from within Neooffice (mac) 3.0 patch 7 and also using Sarfari (mac) 4.3 as well as Safari 4.3 with user-agent Safari Mobile 3.0 iPod Touch. None presented me with any way to recover my password.

I am guessing that the option has been removed through revision to the site but please inform me if I should now go about recovery in a new manner - it is not obvious to me at the moment.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can't confirm changes

gantner wrote:
When I connect to neomobile-test.neooffice.org (https or http) I am immediately presented with a authentication dialog box before any page content is rendered. Embarrassingly, and what prompted this thread, I have forgotten my USER ID and PASSWORD for the site but now there is no option for me to recover it.

The change is in the production NeoOffice Mobile environment at the following URL:

http://neomobile.neooffice.org/

As described in this post, the Preview phase ended on 15 September 2009 and NeoOffice Mobile went "live" on that same date so we repurposed our test environment for internal testing before pushing changes into our production environment.

Patrick
gantner
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Looks good

Sorry. My second son was born 9/11 and my brain has turned to mush with lack of sleep. Confused

The changes on the site appeared as shown in the previous posts. I think the confirmation and next steps are much clearer to the User now. Thank you.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1