NeoOffice :: View topic - A Suggestion about Styles
A Suggestion about Styles

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalkas
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: A Suggestion about Styles

Hello,

I have used NeoOffice just a few days, and there is a feature concerning management of styles which is missing.

So far, I have seen that the only way to update or modify a style is to right click on the selected style, and choose Modify.

However, it would be nice to change the style by editing the text in the document and then have the option of "updating the style by the marked paragraph/text." This is possible in both Apple's Pages and MS Words.

(Where can one post suggestions/feedback about NeoOffice?)

Kind regards,
Aleksandar
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: A Suggestion about Styles

Kalkas wrote:
However, it would be nice to change the style by editing the text in the document and then have the option of "updating the style by the marked paragraph/text." This is possible in both Apple's Pages and MS Words.

I believe this feature already exists. Control-clicking (or right-clicking) on some selected text and in the popup menu that appears, select the Edit Paragraph Style option near the bottom of the popup menu. The Paragraphy Style editing dialog will then appears.

Kalkas wrote:
(Where can one post suggestions/feedback about NeoOffice?)

In general, we do not have a forum for posting feature requests and design ideas. For the most part, I focus my development time (I am the sole full-time developer on NeoOffice) on fixing critical crashing and hanging bugs and breakage in the code due to new Mac OS X releases. My remaining time and Fran's time is devoted to answering support questions and investigating problems to determine if a problem is due to a bug in our code or if it is a feature limitation in NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code.

Unfortunately, our very limited funding and developer resources limits the current scope of the NeoOffice project to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and implementing new OpenOffice.org features is outside that scope.

What we try to do is periodically upgrade our code to the latest OpenOffice.org code so that when they add new features, NeoOffice will have them too. If you know of any features in OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 (their latest version) that are not in NeoOffice, you may want to post those features in the Post NeoOffice 3.0.1 Development Planning forum topic. In that topic we are trying to identify features.

Patrick
Kalkas
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: A Suggestion about Styles

pluby wrote:

I believe this feature already exists. Control-clicking (or right-clicking) on some selected text and in the popup menu that appears, select the Edit Paragraph Style option near the bottom of the popup menu. The Paragraphy Style editing dialog will then appears.

Ah, thanks for notifying me about this option.

Kind regards,
Aleksandar
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: A Suggestion about Styles

Kalkas wrote:
Ah, thanks for notifying me about this option.

I am glad that option works for you.

Even though NeoOffice's features are limited to the features in its underlying OpenOffice.org code, please feel free to post again if you cannot find a way to do a certain task. It may not be possible to do, but in many cases we can find a similar OpenOffice.org feature or a set of steps that might work.

Patrick
Kalkas
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: A Suggestion about Styles

pluby wrote:
Even though NeoOffice's features are limited to the features in its underlying OpenOffice.org code, please feel free to post again if you cannot find a way to do a certain task. It may not be possible to do, but in many cases we can find a similar OpenOffice.org feature or a set of steps that might work.

OK, here is another suggestion, that is maybe already in NeoOffice, but which I have not yet figured it out how to do. When going through recorded changes, it seems that it is not possible to accept/reject a change by directly clicking on it. One has to accept/reject changes through Accept/Reject panel.

Kind regards,
Aleksandar
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: A Suggestion about Styles

Kalkas wrote:
OK, here is another suggestion, that is maybe already in NeoOffice, but which I have not yet figured it out how to do. When going through recorded changes, it seems that it is not possible to accept/reject a change by directly clicking on it. One has to accept/reject changes through Accept/Reject panel.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any other way to accept or reject changes without using the Accept/Reject dialog. I did find that someone has filed a request for this feature in this OpenOffice.org issue but there has been no response to that request yet.

Patrick
Kalkas
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject:

Any way, I enjoy using NeoOffice. Great work!

Kind regards,
Alex
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum