Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - New page about compacting Base files
New page about compacting Base files

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: New page about compacting Base files

I've added a line to the NeoBase#Other Base Tips in the Wiki page with a link to a new page I have made about compacting Base files. As an apprentice wiki elf, I'd be grateful for any corrections/advice.

James

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Looks pretty good! I added a couple of headers to break up the text a little bit, and a couple of break tags to keep the command bits from running into each other.

Thanks for adding that!

Smokey

The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject:

That looks much better. Thanks Smile I just compared the latest two versions of the page. It's really useful to see what you've done. Just a few changes, but a big difference in appearance and readability.
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:

Getting the right "look" for articles for better readability and whatnot is something that comes with time (many of the early articles in the wiki, particularly those that really haven't needed other modification, still have these problems).

This particular article was so short it was a challenge to figure out some reasonable headings and placement points Smile

I'm still not completely happy with the presentation of the two commands, but I'm not sure of a better alternative. I played with a couple of things in preview mode and liked them even less. Maybe when Lorinda (and family) is feeling better, she'll have some additional thoughts.

Anyway, glad you found the revisions (and diff) helpful, and welcome once again to the fabulous and rewarding world of wiki editing Smile

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject:

My only thought right now is that I would use "manually" rather than "by hand," as "by hand" in this context brings to mind pen and paper for me. But that may be an American/UK difference; if that's the case, it should be left as-is, since we don't attempt to stick to one particular flavor of English in the wiki.

Beyond that I'm afraid I'm feeling too miserable to have much wisdom to share at the moment. Nothing critical, mind you, it's either a relatively mild case of influenza or a nasty head cold. But I can't think straight when my face hurts.

Lorinda
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Nothing critical, mind you, it's either a relatively mild case of influenza or a nasty head cold.

Get well soon! Smile

Lorinda wrote:
But I can't think straight when my face hurts.

Wink

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject:

Take it as an excuse for a big fruit salad, and get well soon!

Best wishes,
Oscar
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1