NeoOffice :: View topic - Post NeoOffice 3.0.1 development planning
Post NeoOffice 3.0.1 development planning

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I added one more small change to the list of new features for NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access: better intregration of the native Page Setup dialog.

I posted a more detailed description of the change and a test patch in this post.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have announced the 29 December 2009 start date of the NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access Program and posted the news on the http://www.neooffice.org/ website. I also posted a screen snapshots of the native text highlighting and smoother text kerning features in the list of new features.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject:

Do you need an updated splash image with a 2009 copyright? The recent package I uploaded has a 2010 NeoOffice copyright.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Do you need an updated splash image with a 2009 copyright? The recent package I uploaded has a 2010 NeoOffice copyright.

No need for that. I am going to use 2010 as the copyright throught the release since the Early Access will turn ino the NeoOffice 3.0.2 release on 2 February 2010.

What would help is if you could investigate the missing icon problem that Smokey reported in this forum topic yesterday.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:

NeoOffice is way ahead of its time Wink

sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I was doing some work tonight in Calc and was reminded of an old annoyance: whenever I have large blocks of cells highlighted, scrolling is really slow (even/especially dragging the scrollbar in large increments). I wonder, does the new highlight code make scrolling-with-selections not so slow as before, or is it possible that now it's even slower Sad ?

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I was doing some work tonight in Calc and was reminded of an old annoyance: whenever I have large blocks of cells highlighted, scrolling is really slow (even/especially dragging the scrollbar in large increments). I wonder, does the new highlight code make scrolling-with-selections not so slow as before, or is it possible that now it's even slower Sad ?

I doubt that you will see any improvement in scrolling as the OpenOffice.org highlighting code only causes drawing in the currently visibile cells. It seems a tiny bit faster to me, but that may be just my imagination.

The only improvement that is possible is that repainting the lines and text is faster than inverting the existing pixels. This is possibly faster, although probably not by much, since inverting pixels is a very expensive process on Mac OS X.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
It seems a tiny bit faster to me, but that may be just my imagination.

That's at least better than the alternative Smile Thanks for the update!

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

Note that I was comparing the speed of the new highlighting against the default black "inverted" highlighting. If you have the preference for using OpenOffice.org's faded highlighting in Calc turned on, highlighting is likely slower than the default black inverted highlighting as drawing semi-transparent colors in NeoOffice and OpenOffice.org is much slower than drawing opaque colors.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:

Note that I was comparing the speed of the new highlighting against the default black "inverted" highlighting.

I use the default black highlighting, because the OOo faded highlighting is impossible to see Smile

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Since my development work for the upcoming NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access was mostly done, I have started work on a bonus feature for the upcoming release: menus to set the various "defaults" Terminal command preferences.

Over the last year or so, we have added several special NeoOffice features that are turned on and off using Mac preferences set using the "defaults" Terminal command. Since these preferences are used by a sizeable number of NeoOffice users, I added menus (and rearranged some existing ones) in the NeoOffice menu to allow users to turn these Mac preferences on and off by selecting a menu. One benefit of using menus to set these preferences is that you will no longer need to restart NeoOffice for the preference change to take affect. This is because changing a preference from with NeoOffice makes the change immediately visible throughout the NeoOffice code.

The 3 attached images are how the menu changes will work. The first image shows the new "Open at Launch" menu that sets the most common "DefaultLaunchOptions" preference. The second image shows the new "Mac OS X Options" menu. And the third image shows the new "New" menu which contains the various "open new document type X" menu items.

I hope users find this bonus feature useful. I have a little more work to do before this new feature is fully functional but I wanted to show it now as I need some help with translations. Can anyone translate the following menus and menu items? I used existing OpenOffice.org localizations for the menus and menu items not in the following list so this list contains only the items for which there is no OpenOffice.org localization:

Quote:
Open at Launch
Mac OS X Options
Ignore Trackpad Gestures
Disable Mac OS X Services Menu
Disable Mac OS X Text Highlighting
Disable Quick Look Support in Documents

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:

Brilliant! Smile
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Brilliant! Smile

I enjoy the praise but I have to admit that by sticking the new menus in the NeoOffice menu, I get to avoid working within the OpenOffice.org code and I get to implement it using native menus directly. That really made implement this change vastly easier than if I tried to them to the other menubar menus. Smile

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject:

Well, and considering that leaves you more time for further development and bugfixing (and life), it's still brilliant Wink.
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject:

Tidies up the NeoOffice menu items very nicely!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7