Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Patch 1 announcement reappeared in MacUpdate dated Dec 6th?
Patch 1 announcement reappeared in MacUpdate dated Dec 6th?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Patch 1 announcement reappeared in MacUpdate dated Dec 6th?

Anyone know why the 3.0.1 patch 1 announcement has just appeared in MacUpdate? It was released on Nov 15th - did it not make it into MacUpdate until now?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Patch 1 announcement reappeared in MacUpdate dated Dec 6

yoxi wrote:
Anyone know why the 3.0.1 patch 1 announcement has just appeared in MacUpdate? It was released on Nov 15th - did it not make it into MacUpdate until now?

I think you should direct this question to the MacUpdate website. Fran, Ed, and I have no connection to them and we do not manage what they post about NeoOffice in any way so although someone connected with the NeoOffice MacUpdate webpage may see your post on our site, I would expect that they are more likely to see your question on MacUpdate's website.

FYI. I moved this to the Random Whatnot since your question is really not about NeoOffice Development but is really a discussion about a third party's website.

Patrick
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject:

I was under the impression that at least in the past, someone here had some input into what got posted there and when, which was why I mentioned it here.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject:

Now we can't submit updates there unless we agree to let them host binaries on their servers (I guess so they can continue to offer you old versions that have been discontinued/removed until the cows come home), so it's now up to them entirely to figure out when we have patches.

On a similar note, VersionTracker submissions have been broken ever since Cnet started trying to integrate VT into download.com; I contacted support a couple of times and they posted updates, but eventually I decided that navigating a cryptic support system and waiting a few days for them to post updates wasn't worth it.

Freshmeat seems more and more irrelevant, so as a result the only place I regularly post updates anymore is iusethis.com.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject:

Thanks. This may have started as a misapprehension on my part anyway, as I thought I remembered 3.0.1 patch 1 appearing on MacUpdate already before now (which is what I was querying), but maybe it never did.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1