· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - New highlighting
New highlighting

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: New highlighting

I was working with the 3.0.2EAP release candidate build and found that the new highlighting sometimes seems to colour more area than I expected.

Specifically, if I am using subscripted text in Impress, and do selections, the highlighted area seems to cover the area that would be the text size if all of selected bit was full-size text, instead of being made smaller by the subscripting.

Let me know if this is not clear, or when you cannot reproduce this.

ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject:

Actually, this does not happens always. But I also see some residual highlighting that is not cleaned up after I deselect text in my slide. I will attach the presentation later.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject:

Here's the presentation I was working on while experiencing highlighting issues. Specifically, I was working on the bottom section of slide 12.

Good luck,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: New highlighting

ovvldc wrote:
Specifically, if I am using subscripted text in Impress, and do selections, the highlighted area seems to cover the area that would be the text size if all of selected bit was full-size text, instead of being made smaller by the subscripting.

Thank you for the sample file. I think that I can reproduce this but to be sure, are you seeing the same as in the attached image when you start selecting in any line with a bullet and select into the right column?

If so, you are highlighting the entire table and this occurs in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 as well. In Impress tables, when your are selecting text and you extend the selection outside of a single cell, the entire table gets selected.

While what is getting selected is normal, how the selection is painted is not. I need to find where the OpenOffice.org code is drawing its faded highlighting and replace it with our new highlighting logic.

I will post an update when I have this fixed.

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject:

I have opened bug bug 3575 to track this issue.

-- fran
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject:

What attached image? When I was working, I did notice the colours were different, but didn't think anything of it at the time.

Good luck in tracking the OOo code,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
What attached image? When I was working, I did notice the colours were different, but didn't think anything of it at the time.

Oops. I failed to attach the screen snapshot. I have edited my post and added the image.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: New highlighting

pluby wrote:
If so, you are highlighting the entire table and this occurs in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 as well. In Impress tables, when your are selecting text and you extend the selection outside of a single cell, the entire table gets selected.

FYI. I was wrong about this occurring in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1. I must have accidently launched my NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access test build as I cannot reproduce this in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1. In other words, the entire table should not be highlighted in Impress like you are seeing.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New highlighting

pluby wrote:
FYI. I was wrong about this occurring in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1. I must have accidently launched my NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access test build as I cannot reproduce this in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1. In other words, the entire table should not be highlighted in Impress like you are seeing.

I am wrong again and I now know how to reproduce this in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1. The trick is that you have to start selecting in a table and then drag the mouse outside of the table before the "full table selection" occurs.

In the case of slide 12 in your sample document, you have two tables and each table has only a single cell with three bullet items. This is why the "full table selection" behavior may seem strange: you have the table borders set to white so you cannot see where your mouse goes outside of the table.

I still need to fix the highlighting color, but at least we now understand why large rectangles are getting selected.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: New highlighting

pluby wrote:

In the case of slide 12 in your sample document, you have two tables and each table has only a single cell with three bullet items. This is why the "full table selection" behavior may seem strange: you have the table borders set to white so you cannot see where your mouse goes outside of the table.

Actually, in Impress I should have a 2x2 table on slide 12. So basically, it selected everything because I strayed with my mouse while selecting.

I hope you can find what is causing the faded highlight colour and highlighting residues to appear.

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: New highlighting

ovvldc wrote:
Actually, in Impress I should have a 2x2 table on slide 12. So basically, it selected everything because I strayed with my mouse while selecting.

I stand corrected. I got confused about the table size by what I saw in the table properties dialog when I was trying to change the border color.

I can confirm that I see 4 cells and moving the mouse out of a cell will trigger selection of an entire cell and the selection behavior will continue to be in "select entire cell or nothing in a cell".

ovvldc wrote:
I hope you can find what is causing the faded highlight colour and highlighting residues to appear.

So far I have not run into any problems. I have found the code that draws the faded highlighting and I am slowly splicing in the logic that is similar to what I used for the Calc highlighting.

I am hoping to have the initial solution running by tomorrow.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject:

Sounds good Smile
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have fixed this bug in today's NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access test build. Can you install today's test build and tell us if the highlighting in Impress tables looks the same as it does elsewhere? In other words, have I eliminated the OpenOffice.org faded highlighting?

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject:

Looks fine, and the residues are gone as well.

Best wishes and well done,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject:

FYI. The fix fo this bug has been included in the NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access release. Early Access Program members can download it from the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccessdownload.php

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum