NeoOffice :: View topic - Timing error
Timing error

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lullabylin
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Timing error

Hi,
I downloaded the early program and have noted a strange problem.
I use Typinator and have create a very long database of abbreviated words and commonly used phrases that expand.
With the early release of NO, there is a problem running Typinator. There is a lag time between when I type the abbreviation and when the programed word or phrase inserts.
Typinator is updated, Snow Leopard has all updates installed. OpenOffice 3.1.1 works fine with Typinator, there is no lag between typing the abbreviation and the programmed word/phrase populating the document.
Anything I can do to get Typinator to run like it used to in Neo?

I know I can set up abbreviations in Neo in the Auto Correct window and have some abbreviations in there that Typinator doesn't like because of its rules. I would make more use of this feature but like to be able to use my short-cuts across programs.

Thanks,
Linda
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject:

NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access has now been replaced by the full 3.0.2 release. This can be downloaded from here and contains a number of bug fixes from the Early Access version. Do you still have the same problem with the latest version downloaded?
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Timing error

If you follow James3359's recommendation to install NeoOffice 3.0.2 and you still see a lag, can you answer the following questions for us?:

1. Can you open the /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor application and in the Activity Monitor window click on the "%CPU" column? This will indicate which applications, if any, are hogging your machine's CPU. Are you there any applications using more than 1% CPU? If so, does quitting those application reduce or eliminate the lag?

2. If quitting any applications using more than 1% CPU does not reduce the lag, can you tell us the following two things?:

- Which version of NeoOffice were you using before you installed to NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access? Specifically, if you were using NeoOffice 2.2.6 or earlier, then I suspect that you are seeing the fix for bug 3390. That Typinator bug was fixed by processing any backlogged key or mouse events (a lag) before processing the Typinator shortcut keys.

- Do the shortcuts with a lag use the Command key? Any lag from the fix for bug 3390 should only affect Typinator shortcuts that use the Command key. If you notice the lag only in shortcuts that do not use the Command key, can you tell us if your shortcuts use the Control, Alt, and/or Shift keys?

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum