Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Problem converting ODT table to .doc
Problem converting ODT table to .doc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Problem converting ODT table to .doc

NO3 EA2 does not correctly convert this ODT file (right click link to download) containing a table to Word 97/2000/XP. NO 2.2.5 does it with no problem. Any ideas?
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I could reproduce this with NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2, Patch 0-Test-3. The table did convert correctly in OpenOffice.org 3.0, but not in Novell's Go-oo build.

I have submitted Bug 3405 to track this issue. Please add yourself to the cc: list in the bug to track its progress.

--fran
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject:

Thank you fran for checking this and adding to Bugzilla. I have added myself to the cc list.
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject:

This issue is due to an underlying problem in the coding for OOo 3.0.1. It appears to be new to that release and does not occur in 3.0. I have submitted it to OOo as Issue 98553 and I hope it will be dealt with by them in a future release.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have reopened bug 3405 and I have posted links to a test patch that fixes this bug in my last post in that bug.

I found that the sample .odt file in that bug exposes a crashing bug that started appearing in OpenOffice.org 3.0 and we try to fix crashing bugs, even if they are due to an OpenOffice.org bug, as crashes cause data loss.

I fixed the crashing by backing out each change that the OpenOffice.org engineers have made to the Writer application code in the last few months until the crashing stopped. This tedious process took two full days of work, but a nice side effect is that backing out the OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 changes also fixed this bug.

Can you install the test patch in bug 3405 and tell us if the bug is fixed for you?

Patrick
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject:

Yes. This fixes it for me. (iBook 1.33 GHz 512 MB PowerPC G4, OS X 10.4.11) Does this provide any information which it would be helpful to add to Issue 98553 on OOo? If you can tell me what to say, I'd be happy to go through the mechanics of adding it.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject:

James3359 wrote:
Yes. This fixes it for me. (iBook 1.33 GHz 512 MB PowerPC G4, OS X 10.4.11) Does this provide any information which it would be helpful to add to Issue 98553 on OOo? If you can tell me what to say, I'd be happy to go through the mechanics of adding it.

There is nothing to add to the OpenOffice.org bug. The "fix" I did was to merely move a bunch of source code files back to their OpenOffice.org 3.0 version as we knew that this bug did not occur in OpenOffice.org 3.0.

Since the OpenOffice.org engineers created this bug in order to fix a mystical bug that we cannot see (the bug number in the source code comments does not exist in OpenOffice.org's IssueZilla system), I assume that my fix will have reintroduced that mystical bug. However, since the OpenOffice.org engineers don't reference an OpenOffice.org bug, I assume that whatever bug they were trying to fix in OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 is rare and, therefore, worth living with in exchange for being able to save tables.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix for this bug in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 Patch 1. The patch can be downloaded from the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccesspatch.php

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject:

In order to fix bug 3586, I had to backported OpenOffice 3.1.1's .doc file import and export code.

I tested that the fix does not break my fix for this bug. But just to be safe can you NeoOffice 3.0.2 test patch and tell us if the bug is fixed for you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-0-Test-3-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-0-Test-3-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject:

I downloaded NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-0-Test-3-PowerPC.dmg and installed it. I saved the original ODF file as a Word 97/2000/XP doc and quit NO. I then reopened the Word document and everything seemed fine. The problem is still fixed Smile
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix for this bug in NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 1. You can download the patch from the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/patch.php

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum