Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Request for NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta announcement translations
Request for NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta announcement translations

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Request for NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta announcement translations

I have added an announcement for the start of the NeoOffice 3.1.1 Early Access Program on the main website.

I anyone has the time to translate the following text, I would be very thankful. Note: check the website before you translate as some of the lines in the following text have already been translated to Spanish, French, and Dutch:

Quote:
Program members: NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta available 6 April 2010
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta adds many Mac OS X features to OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 such as:
- Native Mac OS X text highlighting
- Open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch
- NeoOffice Mobile

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject:

French:

Quote:
Aux membres du programme : NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta disponible dès le 6 avril 2010
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta ajoute de nombreuses fonctionnalités spécifiques à Mac OS X à OpenOffice.org 3.1.1, en particulier :
- Surlignage natif Mac OS X
- Ouverture de Calc ou Impress au lieu de Writer au démarrage
- NeoOffice Mobile

Edit: Added space between "programme" and ":", also between "particulier" and ":"

Last edited by Samwise on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Samwise,

Thank you for the translations. I have posted your translations on the main website.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Samwise,

Thank you for the translations. I have posted your translations on the main website.

Patrick

Please check and add my translation as is. The website features many incorrect translations (first blue line, 3rd and 4th blue lines).

Also, "NeoOffice Móvel" should be replaced with "NeoOffice Mobile" throughout the website. It seems that móvel is a Portuguese word (I'm not sure of that, but I'm 100% certain it's not French).
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Please check and add my translation as is. The website features many incorrect translations (first blue line, 3rd and 4th blue lines).

Wow. I really mangled some of the words when I typed them in. Embarassed

All should be fixed now. Let me know if you still see any errors. I also found that the word "open" has also been used in the French features page so I copied your translation there too.

Samwise wrote:
Also, "NeoOffice Móvel" should be replaced with "NeoOffice Mobile" throughout the website. It seems that móvel is a Portuguese word (I'm not sure of that, but I'm 100% certain it's not French).

You are correct and I have changed them all back to "Mobile".

"Móvel" is the Portuguese translation that is in the NeoOffice code. Last night I replaced all of instances of "Mobile" on the website with their matching translations in the NeoOffice code and for some reason I grabbed the Portuguese translation when checking the French files.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks. It looks OK now.
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject:

Stuff for the main page:

Quote:
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta verkrijgbaar 6 april 2010

should add the Dutch word for 'as of' or 'from'

Code:
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta verkrijgbaar vanaf 6 april 2010

and

Quote:
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta adds many Mac OS X features to OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 such as:

might have a comma added, like I did in this Dutch translation:

Code:
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta voegt vele nieuwe Mac OS X eigenschappen toe aan OpenOffice.org 3.1.1, zoals:

furthermore

Quote:
New

translates as

Code:
Nieuw

Finally, I noticed an announcement on the features page is missing:

Quote:
Important note for Calc users who are using "Excel A1" or "Excel R1C1" as the formula syntax: In order to fix a crashing bug, we had to remove the ability to use "Excel A1" or "Excel R1C1" as the formula syntax. This feature was an experimental feature developed by Novell's Go-oo engineers that we included in NeoOffice 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 Early Access. Unfortunately, we found that Novell's experimental feature made NeoOffice Calc unstable and since Novell's engineers have removed this feature from their Go-oo releases, we were unable to fix the stability bugs in their code. As a result, we had to remove this feature.

Code:
Belangrijk voor Calc gebruikers die "Excel A1" of "Excel R1C1" voor hun formule syntax gebruiken: Om een stabiliteitsprobleem te verhelpen hebben wij de mogelijkheid om "Excel A1" of "Excel R1C1" voor formule syntax te gebruiken moeten verwijderen. Deze mogelijkheden was een experimentele toevoeging van Novell's Go-oo programmeurs die we in NeoOffice 3.0.1 en 3.0.2 Early Access hadden opgenomen. Helaas hebben we gemerkt dat NeoOffice Calc door deze mogelijkheid onstabiel wordt. Aangezien de programmeurs van Novell deze mogelijkheid uit Go-oo hebben verwijderd waren we niet in staat om de stabiliteitsproblemen in hun programmacode te repareren. Daarom hebben we deze mogelijkheid verwijderd.

Best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the translations Oscar. I have posted all of your translations on the website.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject:

FYI. Since Tim has added a lot of new NeoOffice Mobile features in NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta and I have not yet found any really exciting OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 features, I have added text and images for the 3 new NeoOffice Mobile features in the NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta New Features section.

If anyone can translate this section, or even translate portions of it, that would be very much appreciated.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject:

Well, you can always advertise 3.1.x in the way Apple advertised Snow Leopard: big things are under the hood Smile.

Best wishes,
Oscar

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1