Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Weird events when downloading 3.0.2.
Weird events when downloading 3.0.2.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iship
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Weird events when downloading 3.0.2.

After being reminded multiple times, when I finally went to upgrade my NeoOffice program to 3.0.2, I was taken aback because the process did not proceed as the screen said it would. (I have an intel Mac OS X) First, I must say I didn’t understand that the program would begin automatically, didn’t wait 30 seconds, and immediately clicked one of the alternate download sites mentioned. Unfortunately, I can’t remember which one.

The directions on your website say that to install, you should click on the downloaded file in the Finder & go through several steps before a NeoOffice.pkg package file will open. But I went through no steps, clicked on nothing-- the .pkg file screen opened by itself as soon as the download was complete. I was put off by this but clicked it, and the program installed.

Here’s the weird part. When I clicked on the “recent documents” in the file menu, these files came up as being my most recently opened documents: A file labeled Trojan Nuclear Plant, Two Files labeled Congressional Contacts, a file labeled Uwe Reinhardt congressional testimony, one of my yearly journals, and a bunch of files labeled Calendar. But I had opened absolutely NONE of those files for a year or more--

And it seems like a pretty select list to be just randomly opened.

I am active in the campaign for single payer healthcare and wrote a letter to the editor about nuclear power a couple of weeks ago.

I don’t want to spread panic-- in fact I am not panicked-- I am convinced that everything in the electronic world is ultimately completely open (except the identity of the overlords and their servants). But I want to know what I am dealing with. Is this as serious as I suspect?

I don’t know exactly where/how to post this message, so I will post it on a couple of boards. Again, I regret having to bring this news, this question to the whole group.
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject:

I have responded to this post on the Support forum thread so I am locking this thread to avoid two sets of replies in different places.
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1