Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta does not import 3.0.x keyboard shortcut
NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta does not import 3.0.x keyboard shortcut

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

While NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta's language packs are incompatible with older versions of NeoOffice, the user preference files appear to be compatible so I did not force NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta to create a new user preferences folder.

Patrick

I think I've found one point of incompatibility: My custom keyboard shortcuts don't work in the 3.1.1 Beta build--at least not the one I tried today. I reset it, and it's working. I'll see if I can figure out a way to dig around and locate the new file for those.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject:

Found it!

~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Accelerators.xcu

Looks like all the keyboard shortcuts are in one file, instead of separated out by module. I added a custom keyboard shortcut in Calc and it was written to the same file.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Found it!

~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Accelerators.xcu

Looks like all the keyboard shortcuts are in one file, instead of separated out by module. I added a custom keyboard shortcut in Calc and it was written to the same file.

Interesting. So essentially NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta's underlying OpenOffice.org code will ignore the pre-OpenOffice.org 3.1.x custom keyboard shortcuts.

Would you be able to attach your new Accelerators.xcu file and the old Calc shortcuts preference file? I am hoping that I find some similarity so that we can add steps for converting your old preferences into the new Accelerators.xcu file.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject:

I've attached a zip file with:

-Accelerators.xcu
-calc_current.xml
-writer_current.xml

Note that the calc and writer files were just named "current.xml" but stored in different folders. I had to rename them when I stuck them in the same folder.

The full path for the writer file is:

~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/accelerator/en-US/current.xml

For calc, substitute scalc for swriter, and you have the path

The global keyboard settings appear to be in the following location:
~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-3.0/user/config/soffice.cfg/global/accelerator/en-US/current.xml

Oh, and note that the en-US folder will have a different name for those individuals not using en-US as their GUI language.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda,

Thank you for the files. I will look at the files and see if they have any common structure that we can use to fashion some simple steps for importing pre-NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta keyboard shortcuts.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject:

You're welcome. I forgot to mention that the keyboard shortcut I created in Calc today was not one I had created in Calc before (in 3.0.2 or earlier). So far as I can remember, I had not created any Calc-specific custom keyboard shortcuts.

I created one today just to see if the info was saved in the same Accelerators.xcu file as the Writer shortcuts were.

Let me know if you need any other "current" files from my Neo 3.0 preferences file. I honestly don't remember if I had set any other custom keyboard shortcuts. I use Writer more than anything else, so my best guess is that only the "global" file is likely to have any customizations. But maybe one of the other volunteers can provide some other data if you need it.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the sample files. The bad news is that OpenOffice.org has totally changed nearly every bit of the keyboard shortcut preference file format starting in OpenOffice 3.1 so I doubt we will be able to come up with manual steps that are not more complex than recreating the shortcuts in the Tools :: Configure menu's dialog.

What I will look at is if the OpenOffice.org 3.1.x code can import an export file of the OpenOffice.org 3.0.x shortcut preferences. IIRC, you can export those preferences to a file and then load those preferences back in. The idea is that if the OpenOffice.org 3.1.x code can load older export files, then I might be able to come up with some simple manual steps or possibly automate the import.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject:

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 cannot directly import the old custom.xml file format that OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 and earlier used to store custom keyboard shortcuts in. As a result, there is no way to automatically import these custom keyboard shortcuts in NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta.

The good news is that I found a way to import them. However, you need NeoOffice 3.0.2 to be installed to do it. Here are the steps:

1. Launch NeoOffice 3.0.2, select the Tools :: Customize menu, and in the dialog that appears click on the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.

2. Export your keyboard shortcuts to a file by pressing the Save button. Note that selecting the Global radio button will only export the keyboard shortcuts that are common to all NeoOffice applications and selecting the other radio button will only export the current NeoOffice application's keyboard shortcuts.

3. Quit NeoOffice 3.0.2 and launch NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta.

4. Select the Tools :: Customize menu, and in the dialog that appears click on the Keyboard Shortcuts tab. Set the radio button to match what you set it to when you exported the keyboard shortcuts in NeoOffice 3.0.2.

5. Press the Load button and select the file that you exported in NeoOffice 3.0.2.

The above is not ideal, but for those users that have more than a few custom keyboard shortcuts, using these steps may be faster than manually recreating all of their custom keyboard shortcuts.

Hope that helps,

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject:

Thanks for looking into this, Patrick! My list of custom keyboard shortcuts is pretty small, so I can just recreate them. But these instructions will be important for other folks.

I'll see if I can't get them into the wiki sometime this week.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum