Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Broken confirm link in signup email
Broken confirm link in signup email

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snarfmason
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Broken confirm link in signup email

Hey,

Not sure where else to post this, so I'm putting it here. I signed up and got the confirmation email but when I click the link it says something something about no user matching those details.

Anyone know if there is a quick way to resend that email or something?

cheers
Snarf
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject:

Some mail applications like to be a little too smart and they break the link into two lines.

Does the link get split into two lines in your mail application? If not, do you still get the same error if you copy the entire link from your mail into your web browser?

Patrick
snarfmason
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject:

Doesn't appear to, the link looks like a vaguely sensible activation link, and gmail doesn't seem to break it in half. My monitor is wide enough that the whole link actually fits on 1 line, and on hover the link target in firefox's status bar looks the same as the text.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:

snarfmason wrote:
Doesn't appear to, the link looks like a vaguely sensible activation link, and gmail doesn't seem to break it in half. My monitor is wide enough that the whole link actually fits on 1 line, and on hover the link target in firefox's status bar looks the same as the text.

Interesting. Can you send me the link using this site's Private Message feature so that I can test the link myself? The Private Message feature is accessed in this page.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject:

OK. I tested the link that you sent me and what is happening is that you are already a fully confirmed user and that is what causes the error.

Most likely what happened is that the link got visited more than once. The first time successfully cleared the "waiting for confirmation" flag in our database and so the subsequent visits to the link result in an "New User Activation Error".

The software that we use to run this site does not have a very accurate error message because you are definitely a confirmed user in our database. So that error really means that your user does need to be confirmed any longer.

Hope that clears things up.

Patrick
snarfmason
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject:

Oh, well alright then. I must have clicked it more than once, I thought I got that error on my first one, but no matter. As long as everything is setup properly.

Thanks.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1