· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - neowiki lost me
neowiki lost me

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaw
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: neowiki lost me

I'd like to offer a way to improve NeoOffice usability.

I can't do this in the NeoOffice users forum because I haven't contributed $25.

So I went to NeoWiki and tried to log in. My previously registered name, slaw, or slaww, is not accepted. OK, I tried to sign up as a new user.

The site suggests new users send a personal note to sign up. I can't find a way to do this.

How?

Nick
James3359
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject:

You can either find a posting by sardisson or narf and click the PM button at the foot of their post, or you can click the Usergroups button above and then click 'View Information' for 'The Council' and their names (among others) will come up with PM buttons beside them.

I hope this helps

James

PS Don't forget to allow for time zone issues when waiting for a response

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: neowiki lost me

slaw wrote:
I'd like to offer a way to improve NeoOffice usability.

I can't do this in the NeoOffice users forum because I haven't contributed $25.

If you have specific edits to the NeoWiki that you are requesting, then post your detailed edits it in this forum topic and if your edits are relevant, one of the volunteer donors or I will edit the applicable NeoWiki pages.

However, be aware that if you are trying to post a feature request or a suggestions for changes to NeoOffice, don't bother posting as posting to any NeoOffice sites is now for donors only. The only free posting areas is this forum and this forum is only for posting very specific edits or translations to the NeoWiki or other sites.

The days of anyone posting their opinions, feature requests, and support requests are long gone and they went away last year when the posts from non-donors nearly drowned Ed and I in workload generated by people sending us a contrast stream of coummunication and few of those ever bothered to donate. This nearly bankrupted the NeoOffice project last summer so now we only respond to feature and support requests from our donors.

If you have not donated the requisite amount, you are free to use NeoOffice. Just don't expect to be able to post opinions, feature requests, or suggestions.

James3359 wrote:
You can either find a posting by sardisson or narf and click the PM button at the foot of their post, or you can click the Usergroups button above and then click 'View Information' for 'The Council' and their names (among others) will come up with PM buttons beside them.

Sorry, but James3359 is wrong. He is able to send PMs because he is a donor. Like other posts, we restricted PMs to donors after non-donors flooded Ed and my inboxes with feature and support requests after we restricted posting to donors only.

Patrick
slaw
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks for illuminating me. Your reaction to overload is understandable. However, it does block user to user communications that would not require effort from you.

Here's an example. I would like to offer other users an aid that I have found useful. I do not suggest any work on your part.

The problem: Copying text from websites and pasting into NeoOffice sometimes garbles it due to loss of formatting. For example, a list of items on succeeding lines becomes run together on one line, which is less useful.

To overcome this, I use READABILITY on the source website. It keeps formatting in good order (although, obviously, it can't stay the same) while achieving its intended use -- stripping away all but the text.
It's a Java bookmarklet from arc90.com.

After clicking READABILITY, I copy from its page and paste into NeoOffice.

I hope you can find a way to share this other users.

Nick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1