Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Complex Formula don't always update
Complex Formula don't always update

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HButenhoff
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Complex Formula don't always update

Hi,

every version AFTER 3.0.2 Patch 3 has a mean bug that forced us to stay at that old version - but since it is still in 3.1.2 I hope someone fixes the bug after reading this report.

We have ver complex linked formulas (linked within on spreadsheet file).
Now when one of the values in a data field changes the result in other fields does not update.

IF we force the whole table to recalculate then the result is correct.
(This forcing can be done by reopening the table OR by selecting of unselecting "Iteration" under Extras->Options->Calc->Calculations.)

We can give an example document to a single trusted person.

Please contact us! We urgently need to resolve this bug, as an incompatibility with the latest Apple Updates forces us to leave 3.0.2 behind.

Thank you!

Best regard
Hartfried Butenhoff
PGAGA
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject:

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Independent of the No code fix, if the problem relates to the Java update 3, you may need to install the Java 1.5.

Phil
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Complex Formula don't always update

HButenhoff wrote:

Please contact us! We urgently need to resolve this bug, as an incompatibility with the latest Apple Updates forces us to leave 3.0.2 behind.

Can you please attach a sample document that we can use to reproduce this bug and the steps to reproduce it? Due to liability reasons we cannot accept any confidential data offline so we need a sample file to be attached to your post.

You can attach your sample document to your post using the step in this forum topic.

Once we have a sample file from you, I will try to reproduce it both NeoOffice 3.1.2 and OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 (the version that NeoOffice is based on) to see if it is a bug in Oracle's OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 code or our code. If the bug is in our code then there is a good chance that we can fix it.

Please be aware that if we can fix it, bugs like this usually can take several days of engineering work to locate the cause of the bug and fix it.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Before we start trying to troubleshoot the bug, I may have found a more rapid way to fix this problem: I have backported the NeoOffice 3.1.2 fixes for Apple's recent Java update into NeoOffice 3.0.2. My hope is that by eliminating the Apple Java update problem in NeoOffice 3.0.2, you can continue using NeoOffice 3.0.2 while we work through the process of troubleshooting the NeoOffice 3.1.2 bug.

Can you install the following NeoOffice 3.0.2 test patch and tell us if NeoOffice 3.0.2 now works OK with Apple's recent Java update? If so, does NeoOffice 3.0.2 still update your formulas like it did before you installed the test patch?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-5-Test-1-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.0.2-Patch-5-Test-1-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
HButenhoff
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Complex Formula don't always update

pluby wrote:
HButenhoff wrote:

Can you please attach a sample document that we can use to reproduce this bug and the steps to reproduce it? Due to liability reasons we cannot accept any confidential data offline so we need a sample file to be attached to your post.

We have a few thousand files I could attach with that bug, but I am not allowed to post them publicly due to used company technologies - I was already glad my boss agreed on sending you guys a copy.

So far I have been unable to reproduce the bug in a sample file. I will try again today.

Harry

P.S.: I can work with 3.0.2 again, thanks to the patch!
HButenhoff
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Calculation update bug demo showing the problem

Hi,

I attached a file revealing the problem.
Goto the Tab called "Test" and select on of the two entries.
I attached pictures what the results should look like and you can compare by pressing the button that triggers "ThisComponent.CalculateAll()"

Good Luck Bug hunting.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the sample document. I can now reproduce the bug in NeoOffice 3.1.2 and my matching Go-oo 3.1.1 build. Since I cannot reproduce the bug in OpenOffice.org 3.1.1, this means that the bug is caused by one of the code modications that Novell's Go-oo engineers made to the OpenOffice.org code.

I will start investigating each of the Go-oo Calc patches to see if I can find and remove the modification that is causing this bug.

In the meantime, since my NeoOffice 3.0.2 test patch allowed you to continue using NeoOffice 3.0.2, I have rushed out NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 6. Since the "check for updates" feature in NeoOffice will lead you to the NeoOffice 3.1.2 download page, ignore that feaure and download NeoOffice 3.0.2 Patch 6 directly from this patch download page.

Patrick
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject:

FYI: I have submitted bug 3639 to track this issue.

Fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this Go-oo bug in NeoOffice 3.1.2. If you have NeoOffice 3.1.2 installed, can you install the following test patch and tell us if the Go-oo bug is fixed for you?:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.1.2-Patch-1-Test-1-Intel.dmg

PowerPC:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.1.2-Patch-1-Test-1-PowerPC.dmg

Patrick
HButenhoff
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject:

Hi,

a quick test showed that this is working.
I will replace a single workstation to see if it works in real life (so far 3.0.2 with that test patch saved out day).
Once it's working on that machine I let you know and install it on the others.

Thank you!

All the best
Harry
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix for this bug in NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 2. You can download the patch from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1