· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - French OO 1.1.3 on Mac
French OO 1.1.3 on Mac

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLSAR
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: French OO 1.1.3 on Mac

I have uninstalled this version on my Mac but everytime I re-install it I have this message :

Impossible de lancer l'application !
Impossible de détecter le chemin de configuration
"/Users/my user name/Library/Applications Support/OpenOffice.org1.1.3"!
Voulez-vous lancer l'application Setup afin de réparer l'installation ?

Of course I launch Setup , but then, if I write a text, everytime I want to save it I have this message 4 times (I must click OK each time ) :

"Erreur lors du chargement du BASIC du document
file:///Users/my user name/Library/Application20Support/OpenOffice.org1.1.3/user/basic/script.xlc/:
Erreur générale
Erreur générale d'entrée/sortie
OK"

Can someone help ? Thanks .
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject:

As I stated earlier in the OOo 1.1.3 for OS X? thread:

sardisson wrote:
FYI, I think some of the folks doing localized, 10.3-only builds may have released them to their communities (FR, DE; using the same systems as Kevin's old 10.3-only English 1.1.2 Tech Preview builds), but there's been no official 1.1.3 release--and there likely won't be one. There just aren't enough people working on the Mac port to keep up with every OOo point release and the building, packaging, and testing that such requires. (And I think only Ed makes 10.2-compatible builds and installers, and we know what he's been up to lately Smile)

Similarly, install issues with these other builds usually are not "officially supported" here on Trinity because there aren't enough of us to keep up with the differences between them and the official 1.1.2 build (which a bunch of us spent quite a bit of time testing before release). Sad

Smokey

So we're taking a shot in the dark...although the error seems very much like the one that occurs if you have moved your OOo installation. Is your OOo located in /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.3 ? Since OOo is fundamentally a UNIX app, it still uses lots of hard-coded pathnames and needs to be put, and stay, in this location. If you've moved OOo, put it back in /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.1.3; if that doesn't work, you can try deleting your ~/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org1.1.3 folder too, and OOo should regenerate it properly on the next launch.

Also, is your user folder on the same disk/partition as /Applications? If it is not, that might be another cause of problems. Is your current user the user that installed OOo; I'm not sure the 10.3-only versions were multi-user capable (the list of possible issues goes on and on because we are not familiar with these builds Sad)

Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Yes, multi user capabilities are only in the 1.1.2 GM. At this time there's no QAd 1.1.3 build available. The 1.1.2 GM is the most stable one to use right now.

ed
JLSAR
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject:

What's really strange is that a friend of mine has installed a "fix" french 1.1.3 version that I cannot donwmoad (only the RC version) and has no problem . When I first installed french 1.1.3 I didn't put it in the "Applications folder" but all the other installations were put inside this folder , and I didn't move my user folder and I've remove all OOo files I've found ( .kde; .gnome ) .Thanks for your replies .
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Unless the person who made the French 1.1.3 build is reading this board, unfortunately help here is thin on the ground. Due to the high number of variables with something as large as OOo, we only can really support the GM releases. Your best bet is probably to try and get in touch with the team or person who did the build and see if they can direct you to any support resources they have.

ed
JLSAR
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject:

Still waiting for her reply, thanks !!!
JLSAR
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject:

Hi, problem resolved , I deleted all the .sversionrc files from my accounts and installed the mysterious OOo1.1.3fix_V4_MACOSX_Panther_fr_install.pkg
I call this .pkg "myterious" because only a friend of mine has it, everytime I downloaded the installer I got the OOo1.1.3RC1...... version , isn't it strange?
Thanks to all .
ericbachard
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:

Hi,

>OOo1.1.3fix_V4_MACOSX_Panther_fr_install.pkg
>I call this .pkg "myterious" because only a friend of mine has it,

1.1.3fix_V4 was the first release with UTF-8 inside.

>everytime I downloaded the installer I got the OOo1.1.3RC1...... version >, isn't it strange?

*This is* the true 1.1.3 version (officially SRX645_m47) !
Builds are tested as release candidate before to be renamed in official. I just forgot to change the name inside the .pkg... Smile

Regards,

ericb@openoffice.org
kiwi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Bonjour Eric I heard a lot about you Cool

I am running 1.1.2 - fr thanks to ed. Can I easily make an installer for 1.1.2 from the Apple developper tools? A lot of my clients still run Mac OS X 10.2.x on older iMacs (no Neo/J for them...) and I am looking for an easier way to install than via xterm. I use Apples X11 beta 3

Tony
ericbachard
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:

Before I can answer, I need to know what exactly you want to do. IIRC, you do some builds for 10.2 (OOo or Neo ? ) and you want to package your build, in order to obtain Cocoa like installer, right ?

BTW : wich localization ?

Regards,
ericb
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject:

When I do the builds for an OOo release, I actually do them on a "frozen" partition with 10.2 and appropriate XFree86 4.2.x installations so I can say with certainty the minimal configuration that's necessary as well as be sure that no other software I install on my main box has a chance to configure itself Smile

For the 1.1.2 GM I do have the binary install sets (instsetoo) for every localization that was available. I do build every language each time I've done a final X11 build, and everything is archived thanks to a hard drive donated to me Smile

We decided to *not* post the localizations to the main OOo mirror network because of the large amount of space which they occupy (2GB+ for all). I also don't have the bandwidth to host them myself. It should be possible to use them to make .pkg based installers that auto-invoke setup in command-line mode, but I just don't have the time to do that myself for each language and was never the expert on those...Kevin is. My expertise has been doing the "all in one" style installers that I know have been QCd to death and know they work on 96%+ of people's computers Very Happy

Anyway, if anyone wants any of those X11 instsetoo output for 1.1.2 GM, just give me a holler. They support every config that the English 1.1.2 GM does.

ed
kiwi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject:

ericbachard wrote:
Before I can answer, I need to know what exactly you want to do. IIRC, you do some builds for 10.2 (OOo or Neo ? ) and you want to package your build, in order to obtain Cocoa like installer, right ?

I have gotten up to speed with the X11 install so this isn't urgent any more. Thanks anyway.

ericbachard wrote:
BTW : wich localization ?

French bien sur! Cool

Tony
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1