· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Non-Mac download warning translation request
Non-Mac download warning translation request

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Non-Mac download warning translation request

In recent months, we have been increasingly seeing donation refund requests because users cannot download NeoOffice to their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Since there seems to be confusion that Mac OS X software will not work on an iOS devices, I am in the process of adding the following 2 warnings to the NeoOffice download pages.

I would be very grateful if anyone can spare the time to translate the following warnings:

Code:
You may not be able to download or install NeoOffice 3.1.2. You can only install NeoOffice 3.1.2 on a Mac OS X machine and your web browser does not appear to be running on a Mac OS X machine.

Code:
Sorry, you requested a file that can only be downloaded to a Mac OS X machine and your web browser does not appear to be running on a Mac OS X machine.

Patrick
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject:

This may be too late, but I translated it anyway.

Here goes the german translation:

Code:

You may not be able to download or install NeoOffice 3.1.2. You can only install NeoOffice 3.1.2 on a Mac OS X machine and your web browser does not appear to be running on a Mac OS X machine.

German:
Code:

Es könnte sein, dass Sie nicht in der Lage sind NeoOffice 3.1.2 herunterzuladen. Sie können NeoOffice 3.1.2 nur auf Mac OS X installieren und es sieht nicht so aus, als würde ihr Browser auf Mac OS X laufen.

Code:

Sorry, you requested a file that can only be downloaded to a Mac OS X machine and your web browser does not appear to be running on a Mac OS X machine.

German:
Code:

Entschuldigung, Sie haben eine Datei angefordert, die nur unter Mac OS X heruntergeladen werden kann und es sieht nicht so aus, als ob Ihr Browser auf Mac OS X laufen würde.

Regards,
mweil
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject:

Danke shön for the German translations.

I have posted your translations on the website. Please note that I made one small change: I replaced "herunterzuladen" with "installieren". I made this change is because I changed "You may not be able to download or install NeoOffice" to "You may not be able to install NeoOffice".

There is one small problem: almost all of the pages on our website have no German translation yet so it might be confusing to German users see only English on our German pages.

Would it be possible for you to translate the NeoOffice home page on our website to German? The new German home page is at the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/de/index.php

Patrick
mweil
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I have posted your translations on the website. Please note that I made one small change: I replaced "herunterzuladen" with "installieren". I made this change is because I changed "You may not be able to download or install NeoOffice" to "You may not be able to install NeoOffice".

I just realised that I didn't translate "install" at all. Replacing "herunterzuladen" with "installieren" is not quite right. Change it to "zu installieren".

Can you give me a hint where to find it on the webpage, so I can check it?

pluby wrote:
Would it be possible for you to translate the NeoOffice home page on our website to German? The new German home page is at the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/de/index.php

Patrick

I can certainly try. Altough this is a lot of work and I am not sure if I have the time.

Would I get an account to directly translate the website or post the translations here in the forum like I did just now?

Martin
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject:

mweil wrote:
I just realised that I didn't translate "install" at all. Replacing "herunterzuladen" with "installieren" is not quite right. Change it to "zu installieren".

Can you give me a hint where to find it on the webpage, so I can check it?

I have added "zu" before "installieren" on the website's German pages. Since this error message only gets added to our pages only if your web browser advertises that it is not running on a Mac, you have to force your browser to change it's "user agent" so that it advertises that it is running on Windows.

You can force Safari to tell servers that it is running on a Windows machine by using the steps listed on this site and then trying to download any of the downloads listed on NeoOffice German download page.

After you test our page, be sure to reset Safari's "user agent" back to "Default".

mweil wrote:
I can certainly try. Altough this is a lot of work and I am not sure if I have the time.

Would I get an account to directly translate the website or post the translations here in the forum like I did just now?

You would post translations here in the forum. Unlike the NeoWiki site, our main set is custom PHP, JavaScript, and MySQL code and we must manually splice any translations into the PHP and/or JavaScript code.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1