· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Navigation
Navigation

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo1
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Navigation

In the blank box on the right of the Status Bar maybe show the current Navigation choice. In Writer, I often do a Find, then go back to text, forget to change the Navigation choice, do a Next Page, and get Next Find!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I took a quick look at NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code and I am pretty confident that it is feasible to implement the feature that you described. Since this new feature request is feasible, the only other thing that we need to see is whether enough other donors also want this feature. Essentially, we fund new features by spending current donations to the implement the new feature and then, hopefully, the new feature generates new donations that replenishes the donations used to implement the new feature.

I have a pretty good idea of the amount of engineering work needed to implement this new feature. So, if at least 10 NeoOffice donors reply to this post that they also want this new feature, then we will have a pretty good level of confidence that the new feature will generate the necessary donations and I will then start working on the new feature.

Is this a feature that any other NeoOffice donors want to see added to NeoOffice? If so, please let us know.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject:

This or any sort of 'backwards' button on the search. I'm for it.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
This or any sort of 'backwards' button on the search. I'm for it.

This feature request does not add any buttons, it would just display the current "navigation mode" as text in the status bar at the bottom of the document. For example, after you search for some text using the Find dialog, the status bar would display "Repeat search" (or equivalent localized text in one of the language packs) in the status bar.

BTW, a "backwards" button already exists in NeoOffice after you perform a search using the Find dialog, the "double upward arrows" icon just below the vertical scrollbar changes behavior and will search backward.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
BTW, a "backwards" button already exists in NeoOffice after you perform a search using the Find dialog, the "double upward arrows" icon just below the vertical scrollbar changes behavior and will search backward

The boys at Sun always know how to make things obvious, didn't they? Embarassed

Thanks for the tip Smile.

best wishes,
Oscar

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice New Feature Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1