· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - New login screen for NeoOffice Mobile in NeoOffice
New login screen for NeoOffice Mobile in NeoOffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: New login screen for NeoOffice Mobile in NeoOffice

I finally had some free time this week to take the native login screen page code that Ed wrote for the NeoOffice Mobile iOS webapp and put that code in the NeoOffice Mobile floating window in NeoOffice.

Although the new login screen is not that much different than the old one, the one new feature that NeoOffice Mobile users may appreciate is that you can now have NeoOffice Mobile save your username and password in your Mac OS X user keychain by checking the "Save password" checkbox shown in the last screen snapshot below.

I also added a native "page loading" wheel and a native "back" button from our iOS webapp as shown in the first screen snapshot below.

If any NeoOffice Mobile users can install the following test patch, please let us know if you see any unexpected changes in behavior when running NeoOffice Mobile in NeoOffice:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.2.1-Patch-2-Test-1-Intel.dmg

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New login screen for NeoOffice Mobile in NeoOffice

pluby wrote:
the one new feature that NeoOffice Mobile users may appreciate is that you can now have NeoOffice Mobile save your username and password in your Mac OS X user keychain by checking the "Save password" checkbox shown in the last screen snapshot below.

Very Happy I'd thought about putting in a feature request for that for years but never was bothered quite enough to get around to it… Razz

I'll try to give this patch a spin this weekend.

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject:

The new features are nice! The new rotating/flipping window is nifty, although a bit disconcerting at first Wink The Keychain integration worked as expected and is very much welcome Smile

10.5.8/Intel.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject:

I think that the rotating window feature is pretty neat. I used the Flipr open source code (the same code that the iMedia browser developers used) to implement this.

What caused me to finally get around to adding this native login screen was that Tim - the engineer that contributed 90% of the NeoOffice Mobile server code - has started working on restructuring our web code in the hope that we can release code to those who want to run their own NeoOffice Mobile web server.

We don't have any firm idea of when Tim's work will be testable but before Tim gets to that point, Ed and I need to add a native screen that will allow users to input an alternate NeoOffice Mobile server. Since it has been quite a while since Ed and I wrote the NeoOffice Mobile code for Mac OS X, iOS, and Android, I thought that it would be a good idea to get reacquainted with the code by adding the native login screen.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject:

FYI. After we released the new login screen in NeoOffice 3.2.1 Patch 3, I found a small bug. When you try to login with the wrong password, login successfully with the correct password on the second try, and then press the back button, you see a blank page.

Pressing the back button a second time displays content, but displaying a blank page is not good so I fixed this bug by detecting and removing any "about:blank" URLs in the NeoOffice Mobile window's page history list.

I have included the fix for this bug in the following test patch:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.2.1-Patch-3-Test-1-Intel.dmg

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject:

FYI. As a result of our work on the new patch download floating window, the NeoOffice Mobile window now has shows a progress bar when downloading a file as well as the number of megabytes downloaded in the status area at the bottom of the window so that users can see the download progress.

I have included these changes in the following test patch:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.2.1-Patch-3-Test-2-Intel.dmg

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject:

FYI. While using NeoOffice Mobile this week, I found that when the green zoom button in the NeoOffice Mobile window's titlebar is clicked while the native login screen is visible, the text fields and buttons in the login screen will be resized incorrectly when the window is unzoomed.

I have fixed this display bug in NeoOffice Mobile's login screen and I have included the fix in the following test patch:

Intel:
http://joe.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.2.1-Patch-3-Test-3-Intel.dmg

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. While using NeoOffice Mobile this week, I found that when the green zoom button in the NeoOffice Mobile window's titlebar is clicked while the native login screen is visible, the text fields and buttons in the login screen will be resized incorrectly when the window is unzoomed.

I have fixed this display bug in NeoOffice Mobile's login screen and I have included the fix in the following test patch:

I forgot to check this before installing the patch to see the bug in action, but things definitely look correct after unzooming with the patch applied (10.5.Cool.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the new download progress bar as well as the fixes for blank page after failed login bug and the window zoom button bug in NeoOffice 3.2.1 Patch 4. You can download the patch from the NeoOffice 3.2.1 patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Mobile Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1