NeoOffice 3.1.1 Icons

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Nothing from me, but I'm willing to respond to requests from other users...

I just noticed (I rarely use Impress, and even more rarely explore its UI, but happened to click errantly while testing the Google Docs presentation upload in NeoOffice Mobile) that in Impress's Outline tab, there's a magnifying-glass-over-slide icon that seems very pixelated/scaled up.

If Daniel and/or Armando are bored and looking for NeoOffice icons to fix, that might be one for the next major release Wink

Smokey

The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject:

I'll certainly take a look for it, although this may be a case of the OOo code reusing a pre-existing icon at the wrong size.
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject:

I looked at Impress and found the problem: NeoOffice is scaling the icon with the font size of the slide title. Screenshots attached to illustrate.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
I looked at Impress and found the problem: NeoOffice is scaling the icon with the font size of the slide title. Screenshots attached to illustrate.

Lovely. I wonder what OOo genius thought that would be a good idea Razz

Oh well. Thanks for looking into it.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Daniel,

Would it be possible to post a new package with an updated "intro.bmp" image? I will definitely be releasing a patch this year so I was hoping you could update copyright text.

I have been removing the year ranges from our websites as they really are not meaningful given how long copyrights are good for so if you want to save yourself time in the future, feel free to remove the year ranges for both Oracle and Planamesa. The exact copyright years are in each source code file so we really do not need to repeat them in the image.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject:

No problem, I can do so this weekend. Apart from dropping the date ranges, what else would need to change? I'm assuming I would use the most recent date e.g. Copyright 2012 Planemesa.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
No problem, I can do so this weekend. Apart from dropping the date ranges, what else would need to change? I'm assuming I would use the most recent date e.g. Copyright 2012 Planemesa.

Actually, I am recommending that you remove all dates so that we don't have to keep updating the image every year. So the first line in the text would now read "Copyright Planamesa Inc. with portions copyright Oracle and/or its affiliates."

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Ah, understood. I'll do so.
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject:

How's this?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject:

Looks good to me.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject:

New package is uploaded:

http://www.pimley.net/projects/downloads/NeoOfficeAquaElements.zip
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Daniel,

Thank you for the updated package. I have included the intro.bmp image in the updated package in NeoOffice 3.2.1 Patch 3.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Daniel,

Recently, while working with a NeoOffice Secure Edition build, I took a close look at the NeoOffice intro.bmp and I realized that much of the text in the splash screen is really no longer necessary.

Do you think your existing splash screen design could be modified to only have the following wording below NeoOffice? I realize that would likely have much more empty space and the small text will likely still look a bit pixellated when running with a Retina display, but since we no longer use Java to run NeoOffice, the splash screen is no longer displayed very long and so I doubt users even have time to read most of the legalese that we put in back when you came up with the current design. Also, less text would make the same intro.bmp image usable in both NeoOffice 3.3 and NeoOffice Secure Edition:

Quote:
© Planamesa Inc. NeoOffice is a registered trademark of Planamesa Inc.

What do you think? If the only issue is too much empty space, I might be able to modify NeoOffice's underlying code to handle an intro.bmp image that is not as tall.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject:

Sure, I'll take a look in the next day or two and post here with the outcome. Most likely I can juggle the contents a bit and keep the image size as is.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Sure, I'll take a look in the next day or two and post here with the outcome. Most likely I can juggle the contents a bit and keep the image size as is.

FYI. It only takes a one line code code to detect if the image's height is less than the old height and move the progress bar up by the difference so feel free to change dimensions of the splash screen to whatever you think looks best.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7