Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Applying global paragraph styles to imported documents
Applying global paragraph styles to imported documents

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimWG
Keymaker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Applying global paragraph styles to imported documents

Greetings and Kudos to the NeoOffice team!

I really appreciate your efforts and hope to shortly make some $ contribution toward your labors. Don't ever go to bed thinking you're unappreciated by lack of feedback!

I just got on board with Neo Office and would like to know whether it's possible to apply paragraph styles to "style blank" imported documents in a global fashion which assigns and links like-paragraphs by ruler measurements throughout the document in one stroke. It would be VERY useful for hundred-page screen and teleplay manuscripts. If it's not in cards via OO, can a script be written to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks!
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject:

Welcome! (your handle seems very familiar from somewhere....)

In the event you don't get a helpful response here (likely since we're more attuned to the Mac-centric issues than general usage), you should check out http://www.oooforums.org for general usage support. 99% of the usage help for OpenOffice.org/Mac (X11) applies to Neo/J and 99% of the usage help for OOo/Win/Lin applies to OOo/Mac. Those few percent where the "cross-platform" things don't work is where this forum is strongest Smile

It sounds to me like it should be possible with a macro (there's also a macro repository at http://www.ooomacros.org/), but that's about all I can say Smile

Smokey

Keymaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject:

Greetings Sardisson:

Your rapid response is much appreciated!

I occasionally haunt some word processor forums so that's probably why my inititals seem familiar unless I owed you $ way back when, in which case I'm not the guy.

For some reason http://www.oooforums.org/ pops up a dead link for me. I'll check it out. I also wish to know whether it's possible to assign function keys to a style applying action.

Thanks.

James Greenidge
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Oops, that should be http://www.oooforum.org

Sorry! It redirects on my Mac, which is I guess why I didn't notice....

(And I'm not owed money by anyone, so it must be from the former....)

I saw something about a screenwriting macro last time I skimmed that site, which might be what you want.

As for the second question, you can check Tools>Configure>Keyboard and see if Style applications appear among the function OOo (and thus Neo/J) let you assign keystrokes to; otherwise, I think you'd write a macro for the Style application and assign the function key to the macro....

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1