Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Drawing artifacts when dragging in Writer ruler
Drawing artifacts when dragging in Writer ruler

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joel
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Drawing artifacts when dragging in Writer ruler

pluby wrote:
FYI. I have included the fix for blurry text on Retina displays in NeoOffice 3.3 Beta 2 which can be downloaded from the NeoOffice download page.

Patrick

After much difficulty, I found a path to donate to NeoOffice and obtain a download of NeoOffice 3.3 Beta 2 to install on my new MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

I have noted a problem with screen drawing.

Specifically, when moving a margin, or adjusting a column width, the screen did not redraw properly... there was screen artifacts from the vertical line that indicates the position of the margin that do not disappear.

It is very distracting.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Screen Drawing problem

joel wrote:
I have noted a problem with screen drawing.

I have moved your post to the NeoOffice Beta Support forum where all issues for NeoOffice Beta 2 are being handled.

joel wrote:
Specifically, when moving a margin, or adjusting a column width, the screen did not redraw properly... there was screen artifacts from the vertical line that indicates the position of the margin that do not disappear.

Please provide a sample document and a list of steps to use with your sample document to reproduce what you see. Also, please tell us whether you are running Mac OS X 10.7.4 or 10.8.

You can attach a sample document to your post using the instructions in this forum post.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Ignore my last post. After I posted, I rebooted into Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and enabled Quartz Debug to emulate a Retina display.

When in Retina display emulation mode, dragging any item in an empty Writer document's top ruler does not clear the lines as it does on non-Retina displays.

I will investigate the cause of this bug and will post a test patch when I have found a fix for this bug.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this bug and the fix is in the following test patch.

Can you install the following test patch and tell us if this Retina display bug is fixed for you? If not, please post the steps for reproducing any cases that this test patch does not fix:

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.3_Beta_2-Patch-1-Test-3-Intel.dmg

Patrick
joel
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I think that I have fixed this bug and the fix is in the following test patch.

Can you install the following test patch and tell us if this Retina display bug is fixed for you? If not, please post the steps for reproducing any cases that this test patch does not fix:

Intel:
http://sally.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.3_Beta_2-Patch-1-Test-3-Intel.dmg

Patrick

I installed the test-3 patch.

In testing, the screen redraw is proper now. No screen artifacts while the display line for the margin position is displayed.

I did notice some screen flickering while I moved the column/margin/tab and the line was displayed. While noticeable, it was not a significant distraction.

Thank you for the very quick fix.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Beta Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum