Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - can't access bugzilla???
can't access bugzilla???

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextVet
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: can't access bugzilla???

I've seen a lot of back and forth ("bugzilla's down," "bugzilla's back up," "bugzilla's down again"), but I cannot ever seem to access it -- I am probably just doing something idiotic Laughing . . . but my browser says it can't connect
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject:

It is down and we are working with Dan (who runs Bugzilla on his servers) to get it back up.
NextVet
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject:

thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject:

FYI. Bugzilla is back up.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. Bugzilla is back up.

Should I file a bug on the PDF export problem?

Also, I was thinking it might be good to include a new option in the Resolution field: OpenOffice.org

This to indicate bugs in the OOo code that should be, or have been, filed with Issuezilla.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Also, I was thinking it might be good to include a new option in the Resolution field: OpenOffice.org

This to indicate bugs in the OOo code that should be, or have been, filed with Issuezilla.

That's an interesting idea Idea Would it really be useful?

Currently OOo "bugs" get resolved either "Not a bug" (if the Neo/J is behaving as OOo/X11 does rather than the way a user thinks it should behave) or "Won't Fix" (which seems to be predominantly "real bugs" in OOo), although at quick glance the difference is not always clear-cut.

Based on a quick glance at the first 30 WF/NaB reports, it seems like an "OOo bug" category would take away most of the "Won't Fix" reports and a few of the "Not a Bug" reports.

Besides the logistics of adding a new category, I wonder if it is more valuable to keep the distinction between "normal OOo behavior" issues and "real OOo bug" issues than to separate all the OOo issues from the Java, Mac OS X, and "I didn't do something right/I don't have the latest patch installed" issues?

I also noticed in a couple of reports Patrick suggested the reporter should report the bug to OOo to get it fixed but in others just said "it's an OOo bug; that's beyond the scope of Neo/J." (Must get tiring to type either one of those responses all the time!)

I added a post to the sticky topic in Support suggesting those who report bugs that end up being OOo bugs then search for/report them to IssueZilla, but I don't know how many (new) folks read that topic....

Something to think about, for sure.

Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject:

Do you think we should come up with some type of bugzilla FAQ? We could then see if we could link to it at the bugzilla page and the like. Something like an explanation of statuses, how to post, how to query, what to do to forward issues to OOo IssueZilla, etc.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Do you think we should come up with some type of bugzilla FAQ? We could then see if we could link to it at the bugzilla page and the like. Something like an explanation of statuses, how to post, how to query, what to do to forward issues to OOo IssueZilla, etc.

That sounds like a great idea, Ed! It would be even nicer if it were presented to new Bugzilla users their first few times in there (technically difficult, I imagine--perhaps funnel all Bugzilla links to the FAQ (with a link to "Bugzilla main") and the rest of us can just type or bookmark Bugzilla main to avoid the FAQ each time?)

Why don't we use the existing wiki page How to Report Problems to flesh out what we think should be in the Bugzilla FAQ?

Smokey
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Currently OOo "bugs" get resolved either "Not a bug" (if the Neo/J is behaving as OOo/X11 does rather than the way a user thinks it should behave) or "Won't Fix" (which seems to be predominantly "real bugs" in OOo), although at quick glance the difference is not always clear-cut.

Based on a quick glance at the first 30 WF/NaB reports, it seems like an "OOo bug" category would take away most of the "Won't Fix" reports and a few of the "Not a Bug" reports.

Well, I had in mind to put all of the "Won't fix" that apply to OOo in there and leave the expected behaviour as "Not a bug", but your idea of putting in an option of "Not a bug but an OpenOffice.org feature" might also help.

Part of the reason why I thought this up was the discussion on the dev@porting list where we pointed out that NeoOffice helps code testing for OOo. This way, those benefits are immediately clear. Also, it shows more honestly the number of bugs actually in NeoOffice/J.

So basically the whole thing is cosmetic and done for reference purposes only. Which is no wonder, because all of the bugs that get closed as OOo bugs have that written in a comment somewhere..

As for the FAQ, good point. I say, put it on the wiki, and point to it often Smile.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Oscar, it looks like you got your wish...there just in the past 24 hours appeared an "OpenOffice.org bug" resolution option in Bugzilla. Nothing has been resolved that way yet, though.

It seems we got distracted and never followed through on our plans for drafting a "Bugzilla FAQ"--I can't even remember exactly why we wanted it, now....?

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject:

On a whim, I added that "resolution" this afternoon. I got tired of using "won't fix" as many people thought that means "I am too lazy too fix it. So, I thought that "OpenOffice.org bug" would better explain why a bug is being closed.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1