Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Last version of NeoOffice for PPC?
Last version of NeoOffice for PPC?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgeever
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Last version of NeoOffice for PPC?

Hi,
I use NeoOffice regularly on two G4 PPC Macs which currently have version 3.1.2 patch 9 installed. An update notice appears which says that 3.2.1 is available but when redirected to the web site to download this version, it says that there are no versions of NeoOffice available for my OS. Is there somewhere I can download this newer version of it exists?
Thanks.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject:

NeoOffice 3.1.2 Patch 9 was the last update for PowerPC machines so ignore the update message.

I will see if I can disable update notifications for PowerPC in our website code. In the meantime, I would recommend that you turn off update checking in NeoOffice on your PowerPC machines. You can turn off update checking by selecting NeoOffice's Tools :: Options menu and in the dialog that appears, click on the NeoOffice :: Online Update item, uncheck the "Check for updates automatically" checkbox, and press the OK button.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have just changed the patch checking code on our main website so that any update checks from PowerPC machines will no longer say there are updates available.

Patrick
mgeever
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks.

Thanks, appreciate the changes made. Although I feel that it's a pity to end support for NeoOffice on PPC, I'm sure you have quite enough to keep you busy supporting the continuing development for intel. I've been using NeoOffice pretty much since it first became available and really appreciate all the great work you have done. It continues to be a great application - thank you!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1