Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice not drawing docx files correctly
NeoOffice not drawing docx files correctly

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcwookie
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice not drawing docx files correctly

I received a docx file in an email, it didn't open properly and was a mess. I opened it in other apps and it opened correctly. I saved the file as an odt file and NeoOffice did open it correctly.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I can reproduce the .docx table import problem as well. It also occurs in all versions of OpenOffice.org and through LibreOffice versions 3.6.x.

Since it does not occur in LibreOffice 4.0, this coming I will see if I can track down which of changes that the LibreOffice engineers made between 3.6.x and 4.0. Hopefully, the change is isolated enough that I can adapt their fix for this specific bug to work in NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code.

Once I track down the LibreOffice changes, I will be able to assess if their fix is adaptable or not. In the meantime, is there any other improperly imported items in the document that I missed? I only saw table cell size and position problems.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have successfully found and merged the LibreOffice 4.0 source code that fixes this .docx table layout bug. The LibreOffice engineers' fix was a very straightforward fix that only affected 3 source code files so I was able to merge their fix without having to change their code very much.

Can you install the following test patch and tell us if the LibreOffice 4.0 fix that I merged fixes the .docx table layout bug for you?:

Intel:
http://juliette.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.3-Patch-4-Test-16-Intel.dmg

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject:

Here's what I get with test 16. It's better than before, but Wednesday is missing.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject:

amayze wrote:
Here's what I get with test 16. It's better than before, but Wednesday is missing.

I now see what you are seeing. I also see that Friday is still not quite right. It looks like a column is getting squeezed out of each of the rows other than the last 7 rows. So I'll go back to the LibreOffice 4.0 code and see if I can find what additional changes need to be backported.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have successfully found and merged the LibreOffice 4.0 source code that fixes the missing column bug that amayze found in the last test patch.

Can you install the following test patch and tell us if the LibreOffice 4.0 fix that I merged fixes the .docx table layout bug for you?:

Intel:
http://juliette.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.3-Patch-4-Test-17-Intel.dmg

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject:

This is what I get with Test 17. Much better than Test 16.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have included fix for this .docx table import bug in NeoOffice 3.3 Patch 5. The patch can be downloaded from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1