Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Saving to networked computer - Secure Edition
Saving to networked computer - Secure Edition

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Saving to networked computer - Secure Edition

Not sure if this is a bug or a limitation of the Secure Edition. Using the NeoO Secure Edition I have not been able to save files to a networked Windows computer.

Using the NO3.3 I have always been able to save a file to my secretary's computer.

The process I used is with a Writer Document
File: Save As
in the dialogue box select on the networked computer and then the shared folder on the networked computer
enter the file name and select save.

I then get 2 error messages
Error saving the document XXX*** draft:
/Volumes/FOLDERNAME/filename draft.odt does not exist

then:
Error saving the document XXX*** draft:
General Error.
General input/output error.

As I said this procedure works for the same document from the regular version.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Is "filename draft.odt" the name of the file that you put in the Save As dialog? Or did you only put "filename" or "filename.odt"?

In other words, I am trying to determine if NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code is saving temporary files. When running in Apple's Sandbox, the Save As dialog only gives read and write access to the filename that you put in the dialog and so if the OpenOffice.org code is writing to a different filename in the same folder, the App Sandbox will deny writing of that different filename.

One other request: can you right-click or Control-click on the remote volume that saving to fails. In the popup menu that appears, select the Get Info menu item. Can you take a screen snapshot of the window that will appear by pressing the Command-Shfit-4 keys and attach the .png file that that creates on your Desktop? I am most interested in the "Format" field in that window.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Ignore my last post as I can reproduce this when using File :: Save As to save a new .odt file to a folder on a remote volume. What I know so far is that NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code is trying to get a list of the files in the folder that you are saving the new file to.

I will see if I can figure out a way to disable that OpenOffice.org code without breaking any of OpenOffice.org's file saving code.

Note to myself: to reproduce this bug, I had to save to the topmost folder in a mounted volume. Saving to a subfolder of the topmost folder was not affected by this bug.

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Thu May 30, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject:

To answer your questions the word 'draft' was part of the file name I created and just forgot to delete when I transcribed the error messages.

You already responded to yourself while I was taking the screen shot but the Get Info on the remote volume did not list the Format instead I got a spinning wheel under More Info but I can tell you that it is NTFS

Good luck finding a fix.

Galen
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this bug in the following test patch.

Can you install the test patch and tell us if the bug is fixed for you?:

Intel:
http://juliette.neooffice.org/test/NeoOfficeSecureEdition-2013_Beta_2-Test-1-Intel.dmg

Patrick
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Saving to networked computer - Secure Edition

Patrick,
The patch seems to have fixed it. I have been able to save to and open from the other computer.

Thank you!

Galen
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix for this bug in NeoOffice Secure Edition 2013 Beta 3. To download NeoOffice Secure Edition 2013 Beta 3, use the download link in this NeoWiki article.

Patrick
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject:

Is there a special password to log in to the download page?
My normal login and password do not seem to be working.

Galen
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject:

revsmitty wrote:
Is there a special password to log in to the download page?
My normal login and password do not seem to be working.

The link in the NeoWiki article was pointing to our test website. I have fixed the link so please reload the NeoWiki article and click on the link.

Note: you may need to clear your web browser's cache to see the corrected link in the NeoWiki article.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject:

FYI. The fix for this bug is in NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2. To download NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2, use the download link in this NeoWiki article.

Please note that the NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2 installer should find and update your existing NeoOffice 2013 Beta installation. If you don't have NeoOffice 2013 Beta already installed, it will install in /Applications/NeoOffice.app and overwrite any regular NeoOffice installation there if you have not renamed it. So, if you have NeoOffice 3.3 installed, we recommend that you rename it before installing NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2.

NeoOffice Secure Edition testers: NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2 is incompatible with NeoOffice Secure Edition so if you have one of the NeoOffice Secure Edition versions installed, we recommend that you delete your NeoOffice Secure Edition user preference files by executing the following command in a Terminal window before installing NeoOffice 2013 Beta 2:

Quote:
rm -Rf ~/Library/Containers/org.neooffice.NeoOfficeSecureEdition/Data/Library/Preferences/NeoOfficeSecureEdition

Edit by pluby: added special steps for NeoOffice Secure Edition testers.

Patrick

Last edited by pluby on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix for this bug in NeoOffice 3.3 Patch 8. The patch can be downloaded from the NeoOffice patch download page.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1