· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - After renaming Title Bar reverts to Untitled
After renaming Title Bar reverts to Untitled

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject:

The test patch didn't fix the problem. I've reinstalled 3.4.1 Patch 1, and I'll let you know. (It will probably be morning before I can do so)

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
The test patch didn't fix the problem. I've reinstalled 3.4.1 Patch 1, and I'll let you know. (It will probably be morning before I can do so)

I am not able to reproduce this problem anymore. I am using an .odt file stored on my Desktop with only a little bit of text in it. Is there something different in your file like an embedded image or spreadsheet or is it stored on a different volume?

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

Does this still occur with either of the above test patches? If so, does the bug still occur if you reinstall NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 1 from the patch download page?

Patrick

Using the attached files:
With NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 1:
1. Open SH Form.odt
2. Type Cmd-P
3. Click "OK" to proceed with printing a form letter.
4. Select "From 1 to 1" in the Mail Merge window.
5. Click "OK"
6. At this point observe that the documents file name in the title bar has changed to "sv***.tmp"
7. In the Printer sheet, click PDF and Select "Open PDF in Preview"
8. Observe that the PDF has the same name as the document i.e. "sv***.pdf"
9. Wait for a short time and the original documents name will change to "Untitled"
10. Switch to NeoOffice and click the arrow next to name in the title bar.
11. Observe that nothing happens.
12. Enter some text in the document
13. Observe that the name in the title bar reverts to the correct name and that clicking on the arrow next to it displays the name and location pop-up.
14. If you have Default Folder installed, observe that the tmp folder created at step 5 is visible in the Recent Folder menu.
15. Wait for another short period and the name switches to "Untitled -1". Further editing of the document does not restore its previous name.
16. Selecting Save As... from the File menu shows the correct name in the "Save As" box in the Save sheet.

With either NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 1 Test 3 or Test 4, the above is exactly the same with the exception of the document name changing at step 6. The generated PDF still has a temp file name and the changes to "Untitled" still happen.

All of this is on Mac OS X 10.9.2. Also I have the Preferences :: Load/Save :: General :: "Save AutoRecovery information every" interval set to 1 minute after some previous auto save bug that I helped investigate, and I think your previous assertion that this is related to auto save is correct.

Hope this is useful.

Andy
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject:

Reinstalling 3.4.1 Patch 1 does not change the issue. The file name in the title bar is still reverting to Untitled.

My test file is just a simple odt document with a few lines of text. I add a little additional text after each renaming.

The only triggering factor appears to be time elapsed, although putting Neo in the background might be involved.

Here are my steps to reproduce:

-Rename file from the title bar
-type some additional text, but do not save
-switch to another app or apps, and do other tasks on the computer (sometimes leaving the computer alltogether)
-return to Neo after a period of time, and file name is changed.

My autosave preferences are currently set to 15 minutes. I can change them if you'd like.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject:

I can now reproduce the "Untitled" titlebar change using both amayze's and Lorinda's steps. The key was amayze's hint to set the autosave interval to 1 minute.

I will track down where this titlebar change is occurring and I will post a test patch when I have a fix for this bug.

amayze wrote:
7. In the Printer sheet, click PDF and Select "Open PDF in Preview"
8. Observe that the PDF has the same name as the document i.e. "sv***.pdf"

amayze wrote:
14. If you have Default Folder installed, observe that the tmp folder created at step 5 is visible in the Recent Folder menu.

"sv***.pdf" is the expected name for the PDF file. During a mail merge, NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org file creates a hidden document with that temporary name. It is a real document just like your original document. The only difference is that it has no window attached it so the print dialog for this hidden temporary document gets attached to the original document window.

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
"sv***.pdf" is the expected name for the PDF file. During a mail merge, NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org file creates a hidden document with that temporary name. It is a real document just like your original document. The only difference is that it has no window attached it so the print dialog for this hidden temporary document gets attached to the original document window.

OK, that's fine. So the only bug relating to the form letter was the temp file's name appearing in the title bar, but that is now fixed in Test 4, and the temp folder is deleted when NeoOffice quits, so that's not really an issue either.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

I think that I have finally fixed the bug that causes the titlebar the change to "Untitled" during autosaving.

The fix is in the following test patches. I found that the bug was caused by the code I added in this forum topic to create an OS X version when you save a document for this first time.

Can you install either of the following test patches and tell us if the bug still occurs for you?:

NeoOffice 3.4.1:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.4.1-Patch-1-Test-5-Intel.dmg

NeoOffice 2013.2:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2013.2-Test-12-Intel.dmg

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

I can confirm that the bug is fixed. Left my test document open all night long, and the title is still correct.

Thanks for such quick work!

Lorinda
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

I too can confirm that Test 5 fixes the problem of the changing name.

Thanks Patrick.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

That is good news. I will staged NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 2 for release in a few days so let us know if the bug reappears during that time.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Another titlebar bug was reported earlier today in this forum topic. I have fixed that bug but I also would like to confirm that my fix for the bug in this forum are still fixed.

Can you install either of the following test patches and tell us if the titlebar bugs that you found are still fixed for you?:

NeoOffice 3.4.1:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.4.1-Patch-2-Test-1-Intel.dmg

NeoOffice 2013.2:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2013.3-Test-1-Intel.dmg

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Can you install either of the following test patches and tell us if the titlebar bugs that you found are still fixed for you?:

I've installed the latest test patch and gone through my steps from above. What you fixed before seems to still be fixed.

Andy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have included the fix for the other bug in NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 3 which can be downloaded from the NeoOffice patch download page.

I have also included the fix for the other bug in NeoOffice 2013.4 which is available in Apple's Mac App Store.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

FYI. In order to fix several iCloud Drive bugs, I had to change some of the code that gets triggered when an open file is moved or renamed in the Finder.

Can you install one of the following test patches and verify if the bugs in this topic are still fixed for you?:

NeoOffice 2014.2:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2014.2-Test-1-Intel.dmg

NeoOffice 2014.2 Free Edition:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-2014.2_Free_Edition-Test-1-Intel.dmg

NeoOffice 3.4.1:
http://nick.neooffice.org/test/NeoOffice-3.4.1-Patch-7-Test-1-Intel.dmg

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. In order to fix several iCloud Drive bugs, I had to change some of the code that gets triggered when an open file is moved or renamed in the Finder.

I've installed NeoOffice 3.4.1 Patch 7 Test 1 and gone through the steps I gave above. Everything seems to still be ok.

Andy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2