Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!
NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta is released!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I have fixed a few bugs that were found after I released NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta "Patch-2" so I have posted "Patch-3". The bugs fixed in this patch are listed below:

- Pressing the Command key while dragging the mouse will copy text instead of moving it
- Menu memory leaks in OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 and Neo/J have been eliminated
- Minimized windows will be expanded when the Neo/J Dock icon is clicked like other Mac OS X applications
- Neo/J's patch update check will now only occur once a week instead of every time Neo/J is started

You can download "Patch-3" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/patch.php

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/.

Patrick
naramsin
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Hi Patrick,

Just ran patch 3 on the iBook G4 and saw that "Header" and "Footer" are missing from the "Insert" menu. They are still visible on my other machine (older G4 tower), which has patch 2.

Best,
Roark
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Well, the good news is that the menus work and just their labels are blank.

Can you open a bug in Bugzilla for this? Since I backported the fix for the menu memory leak from the OOo 1.1.4 code, I suspect that we are going to see some new bugs like these in the Aqua menus. Ed's had a lot of code that worked around some of the odd OOo behavior and as a result of fixing the memory leaks, it would not surpise me if I broke a few more things.

Patrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Patrick,

No Problem. It's Bug #319. And I know by feel where "Header" and "Footer" are supposed to be anyway. =)

Otherwise, the improvements to Patch-3 are nice--menus in general seem much more responsive. And the "Command-Drag" works like a charm.

Roark
naramsin
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Patrick,

I also had a crash (repeated twice) when printing with Patch-3. I uploaded the log to Bug 322. The file printed fine from a Patch-2 version.

Roark
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject:

Since bugs 319 and 322 were serious problems in "Patch-3", Ed and I fixed those two bugs and I have released "Patch-4". So, if you installed "Patch-3" earlier today, please download and install "Patch-4".

All other changes in "Patch-3" have been included in "Patch-4".

You can download "Patch-4" from the following URL:

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at
http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Since bugs 319 and 322 were serious problems in "Patch-3", Ed and I fixed those two bugs and I have released "Patch-4". So, if you installed "Patch-3" earlier today, please download and install "Patch-4".

Well, I missed patch-3 but didn't have cause to regret it. I must say the menus flow really quickly now. Good show!

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject:

Over the last few weeks, Ed and I fixed many bugs that were not fixed in NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta "Patch-4" so I have posted "Patch-5". The most important bugs fixed in this patch are listed below:

- The "silent crashing" bug has been fixed. This bug, which is a bug in Java 1.3.1 on Panther, would unpredictably terminate Neo/J. This bug, which has existed since Panther was first released, was most likely to occur for users editing large presentation files.
- Several Unicode font kerning problems have been fixed.
- Various Aqua menu bugs that were causing some menus to disappear have been fixed.
- A bug that was causing modal dialog windows and presentation windows to sometimes get stuck behind a document window has been fixed.

You can download "Patch-5" from the following URL:

Please post any bugs that you find in Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/.

Patrick
Laura

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Need to turn off patch check

Hi, I manage a few labs of Mac OS X at the University of Toronto. We're deploying Neo Office in the labs and I need to set it so that it doesn't check for patches when the students login. A terminal type fix would be just fine.
Thanks for the help.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject:

In the /Applications/NeoOfficeJ.app/Contents/MacOS/setup file, comment out the following line near the bottom of the script:

checkforpatches >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Then, anyone running your Neo/J installation will have patch checking disabled.

Note: you will need to do this every time you install a Neo/J patch since the setup script is always included in the patches.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5